Saturday 14 July 2007

Ris Life!

Saturday 10:55 p.m.
I asked after her sister, whom I met in Marchmont one summer's evening about 1970. Her sister was just going to Oxford to do the first year of a chemistry degree, I think. She then went on to study medicine at McGill in Canada and went into paediatrics because she wanted patients with good long term outcomes. Just when HIV/Aids arrrived with all the dying babies. She was at the forefront of research into how this was transmitted from mother to child, and has three children of her own. Her sister showed me a photie. She's in the terminal stages of motor neuron disease as I write this. A whole lifetime with no bliss. May God be good to you, missis!

So we're not complaining about having to sit through dinner parties with no drink or drugs, are we, Jack? Certainly not, Hotboy. Always have been and always will be a fortunate creature.

It was worth it for the people. It's not all about moi! The woman I knew thirty years ago has a husband called Kendal Hippolyte, a fab guy with a great dreadlock haircut, a poet and dramatist, director, etc. He'd read Are You Boys Cyclists, but I skipped right over that! Most together dude!

So, I've managed to get through the first week without having a drink. The pizzaman will arrrive with the bob hope later on this afternoon.

I haven't been doing as well as I'd hoped, but the visualisations are becoming a bit clearer. Forward! Forward! All my plans are simple!

3 comments:

ion said...

Sorry to hear about good people getting the black spot. But it's coming to all of us someday, from some cause. Therefore the best thing to do is make the most of the present moment and appreciate what you've got, whether it's a fresh raspberry or a chance encounter at the corner shop.

Hotboy said...

Ion: I'm fed up with all these hard luck stories. It's enough to drive one to the drink! Hotboy

rob said...

I hesitate to tell you about my industrial accident with the moussaka.