Sunday 8 July 2007

Rat Total Embarrassment!

Sunday 2:35 p.m.
Due to being completely teetotal these days, I am unable to gauge the effects of alcoholic liquids, and got completely pissed last night. What's the point of asking folk round for their tea and then getting so pissed you can't remember the bon mots, or what time you went to bed even? Dearie me!

You're a disgrace, so you are, Hotboy! I know, Jack. I know. I know. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! Still, an improvement on last weekend!

One of the folk who came round is going to cycle across America next year. She says she's not going to carry a gun. This is very brave. Having seen Jeepers Creepers, I would be far too scared to do such a thing. Anyway, if you're one of them serial killers, you can follow her route from the bloggy and bag another one!

I haven't even got a hangover! It's not fair, neither it is.

Before our guests arrived last night, I had the most wonderful meditation. Although I have been a bad boy for the first week of these holidays, amazingly enough ra bliss doesn't care! It was an amazing meditation. Then, before I came here to blog, I had another fabulous meditation. White light, bliss, heat, the woiks! It's just the bit in between that I screwed up. Will do better next week!

12 comments:

rob said...

Were they your own bon mots? Dearie me! Don't worry, I have some of them on an old video here.

Re: Mea culpa x 3. You're getting the hang of this tridentine stuff.

rob said...

Re films, has Stranger Than Fiction opened in the UK yet? Any writer would enjoy it.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm clicking on that here thing. No more drunken basturn fun for me! Never heard of the movie! Hotboy

Stephanie said...

Ha! I hadn't seen those old video interviews before. That was great.

Hotboy said...

Somebody! It wasn't me!! I've got an almost shaved head and no big beard! There's a lot of people who look just like me going around, that's all I can say! Hotboy p.s. Also, I've stopped getting pissed, so it can't be me!

Stephanie said...

Your life sounds like a Philip K. Dick novel, Hotboy ;)

Hotboy said...

Somebody: Philip K Dick (I've read Through a Glass Darkly. Really liked it at the time!) probably had more money and better drugs as well as more talent. But could he do ra bliss? Thank God I thought of ra bliss bit at the end! Hotboy

ion said...

Those vids are most entertaining, though I wonder how non-natives can understand much. My favourite aspect is that the so-called Rob interview has him mostly nodding sagely while airtime is taken up by HB. So what- the boay has something to say! Glad to hear the teetotal is so easy- I must learn from your example.

Stephanie said...

Do you mean A Scanner Darkly? That's one of the ones I want to read next. I've been exposed to his ideas for years, but only recently read him for the first time (started out with Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?). I think he may become a favorite.

I don't know about ra bliss, but he did have some religious visions and mystical experiences that made him question his sanity. He became something of a modern Gnostic--R. Crumb did a comic book-style summary of this (this article analyzes Dick's vision in a more exacting way). His fiction deals with the central importance of compassion, the illusory nature of the apparent world, the unstable nature of identity... he sure sounds Buddhist, doesn't he?

Hotboy said...

Somebody! Haven't they got a Philip K. Dick church .... well, just more sad people! A glass darkly is what it's a paraphrase of, the title I mean. But I can't remember where it's from. The bible? St Paul. A right freudian slip that though from a real teetotal joe! Hotboy p.s. Yeah, another bloody buddhist! They're everywhere!

Stephanie said...

I don't know about a Philip K. Dick church... I think, if anything, his experiences prove the idiosyncratic and personal nature of encounters with the mysteries...

Yeah, "a glass darkly" is originally from the King James translation of 1 Corinthians 13: 11-12, a lovely passage:

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."


It was also swiped as the title for a pretty decent collection of nineteenth-century horror stories by Sheridan LeFanu.

I'm full of random information today...

Hotboy said...

Somebody! This bloggy is getting dead educational, so it is! Hotboy