Tuesday 24 July 2007

Ra Samye Day 2 (C)

8:45 p.m.
Three times blogging on one day! Dearie me! Still, apart from meditating, all I've done is read my buddhisty book. I was looking at the visualisations these boys do, and I have to admit that I don't see how I can mimic them. Even though I do think these visualisations are possible, I don't see how I can ever get into a position to be able to do them. You'd really need to be in retreat a long time and my circumstances won't warrant that, as far as I can see.

I'm going to stick with them whilst remembering that there are different ways to skin a cat. It's non-self and emptiness we're after here, which should bring in its wake true satiation and probably contentment, happiness, equanimity, etc.

Even without the juju, it's very good to get away from your usual circumstances sometimes. Down here at the Samye Ling, anxieties start drifting away. Right now, I wonder how long I'll stay. I've never been down here for longer than a week. Hmmmm? Who knows how I'll feel in a few days. I've only paid till Friday. Guess I'll stay at least till Monday. Been quite a day!

No comments: