Thursday 26 July 2007

Ra Samye Day 4!

Thursday 10:17 a.m.
The clock was a wee bit wrong this morning, so I missed the starting time to be in the front temple with the lama for the morning meditation, so I went in the back. Such bliss! Also, I was getting heat. The whole thing has just moved on a bit again. I can feel the whatever moving around my shoulders and neck area as I write this. Also, a little warmth.

So I missed the start of the drubcho this morning since I was doing my juju through the wall partition which divides off the temple. How it rained outside! I checked the weather forecast. More and more rain is coming our way.

It's like the start of one of these scary apocalyptic movies. It rains an awful lot a first and you see the nice family looking out and saying it's just an awful lot of rain. Ten minutes into the movie and the wind is blowing constantly at 100 m.p.h.!

The rain battering on the tent wakened me about four o clock, but it was much better than in the last tent when the bugger flapped and flapped like the sails on a big boat! Anyway, this isn't a beach holiday! Thank god for that! You're a bit cut off here of course. I expect England is a foot under water by this time!

6 comments:

ion said...

I do so hope the heat is arising and abiding despite the weather! Last night while worrying about a missing good friend, I watched BBC. First a program about a Sri-Lankan Tara statue in the British Museum, 'Rome' (to which I'm a late convert) then 'Coast' on the isles in the Firth of Forth. All fantastic!

Hotboy said...

Ion: The dom bliss managed to record Rome's last episode so I can watch it when I get back. Totally over the top but wonderfully done! Hotboy p.s. Hope your missing good friend doesn't stay missing!

ion said...

I won't give away the ending of Rome then till you watch it yourself. The friend is found, so all is well at home, and I'm requesting the 'Rome' DVD as a birthday present. I see there's a Golden Tara at Samye Ling too!

Hotboy said...

Ion: A Golden Tara? There could easily be! Hotboy

rob said...

When you went in the back, did it help with the prostrations?

If the tent's waterproof, the rain could be quite pleasant. There's nothing worse than a wet mattress.

Hotboy said...

Albert! It's a wonderful tent! Brilliant! Hotboy