Thursday 26 July 2007

Ra Samye Day 4 (b)

Thursday 2:05 p.m.
Once I got started today, everything worked wonderfully! I felt so settled and so happy to be here. What a fortunate creature! The visualisations i.e. imagining yourself as a deity in the mandala, etc., are really starting to work. Here comes ra heat! Yes, the heat is arising!

My excuse for being here is that over my fantastically delicious lunch, I began reading The Bliss Of Inner Fire. How much I owe to this book! It changed my life and there's no other book I can really think of that has done that. Hmmm? No, this is it!

Here's a quote from the introduction: "Tantra can lead the misguided practitioner into realms of mental and physical suffering of unimaginable enormity." This might be why the lama here (May he live 10,000 years!) didn't want this book published!. I think this rules Albert the Bavarian out! This tantric juju isn't like ... well, Albert will know what I mean!

Lama Thebten Yeshe says right away. "Tantra does not work with people who are miserable, because they have no resource of pleasure to utilise." That maybe counts out one of two folk I know!

This maybe hooked me the first time I read it. " The lam-rim, the step-by-step presentation of the path to enlightenment, brings satisfaction in a more religious way; inner fire is more scientific because actualising it does no depend upon religious belief. If you act, the experience automatically comes. No customs or rituals are involved ... you are dealing with the kundalini and heat energy that you already possess. It is amazingly powerful, like a volcano erupting within you."

Anyone who is interested in meditation should have a look at this book. But if you practise this juju without a teacher and go on fire, or go mad, well, don't blame me! Well, you can if you like, but I don't care.

This is where I am supposed to be and this is what I am supposed to be doing. I'd love the rest of my life among the flatheids to be like this, but at least I have this day, this hour, this moment. And the next few days are going to be amazing!!!

4 comments:

ion said...

I'm booking four in for lunch on Sunday at Samye Ling. If you're still there, would you tour us round the statues, stupas and prayer wheels? Kiddos seem rather intrigued.

Lee Ann said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend Hotboy!
~xo
Lee Ann

Hotboy said...

Ion: Depends if I can spot the green wellies! If I see yous, you'll be the first folk I'll have spoken to in five or six days, so I'll seem even odder than usual. But no bother! Hotboy
Lee Ann: I'm having the time of my life! Hotboy

rob said...

Tantric Bavarianism changed my life too. What a release! Don't you find?