Friday 20 July 2007

Rat Confession!

Friday 5:50 p.m.
Just when Broon the Basturn has decided to sent potheads to jail again, nine or ten of his cabinet have confessed to smoking cannabis once or twice while still students, though all of them apparently stopped immediately they graduated, and then went on to become the disgusting evil bourgeois careerist basturns they now are.

An Alien Creature from Outer Space was going to vote for me for our own wee Parliament here in Edinburgh if I'd managed to get on the ballot paper, so I think, bearing this in mind ... and also that I am a church leader ... that I have a little confession to make as well.

Once in 1970 someone handed me a sweet and sickly smelling cigarette. His name was Albert the Bavarian and the polis should arrest him now for supplying and possession. I'll certainly testify against him!

After two puffs, I realised that I had done wrong and vowed to never again take drugs. This did not stop me from developing schizophrenia (Are you still there, Jack?) and being unable to make the transition into an adulthood where I would have become a useful member of society and a hypocritical bourgeois basturn except that it was too much bloody effort.

Readers of this bloggy must realise that all that stuff about the cannybliss yogurts, the Bolivian Marching Band, Benny and the Midnight Runners and such like is just a novelist's way of brightening up what might otherwise have been a boring and predictable route to sainthood.

God told me I'd get my book published if I stopped drinking beer. Here's the juju way to get over your addictions.

You get the Medicine Buddha sitting over your head. He's a light being filled with ra bliss and heat, compassion and altruism. You say: Medicine Buddha, cure me of my addictions, please. Ra bliss comes down in a white stream and you imagine it coming through your fontanella, down through your chakras and eventually filling you completely. You keep going back to the top of your head and down till this has happened. Then, the Medicine Buddha says: Hotboy, I have cured you of your addictions. And you say: Fanks, Medicine Buddha. Fanks a lot!

That'll be ten percent off the top, please.

They've put a new electronic sign up at Bellshill station. I checked my pulse rate today as I waited for the train back to Edinburgh. 55 beats a minute. Quite slow for a fat basturn!

11 comments:

rob said...

I've just clocked my own pulse at a relaxed 60, and that's thanks to the alco-free beer and the fried thyroid.

55 is unusually low, especially considering how you suffered at the hands of that ruthless pusher guy. If you got any healthier you'd be dead. It's probably only the substances that's keeping you going.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is it you? My pulse usually runs at 60 as well. Is it true that all mammals get the same number of heartbeats or did I just make that up? Hotboy

rob said...

You made it up. But maybe you meant they all start with the same karmic clean slate.

Anonymous said...

I say!

I believe that Sir Ian Botham was once tempted. So, perhaps it is one route to knighthood.

MM III

Anonymous said...

As long as you admit you inhaled, you'll still get my vote.

On heartbeats per lifetime, this reference below suggests there isn't a set number

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/longevity.htm

My blood pressure runs at 100/60 mmHg. Do I get points?

Anonymous said...

Oops-that was me

ion

Hotboy said...

Ion: I'm sure you get points for such a blood pressure reading though I don't understand it. Actually, you get points for having a pulse at all these days! BTW £5 for a lunch at the Samye Ling! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Have you seen the Botham poster they had to withdraw? Back on the grass, it said! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I know the sort of place - £5 for the food but then they rip you off on the beer. Everything balances out.

ion said...

The really big limiter on time spent at Samye Ling is their 'no smoking' policy, which is weak. I can manage for 3 hrs at a pinch, but not longer without going behind the bikesheds for a fly fag.

Hotboy said...

Ion: The no smoking used to kill me when I first came down here. But ... smokers go down to the river and puff away here. Where there's a will! It's like the pub. Some people stand outside the main gate! Hotboy