Saturday 14 July 2007

Rat Statscounter Thing!

Saturday 5:55 p.m.
I meditated today from about half eleven straight through till five o clock with about half an hour off. After the first two hours ... oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss! But not much heat. Then there seemed to be some development there ... and the doorbell went!

Here's what Tsongkhapa says about ra heat from the translation of the Three Inspirations by Glenn H. Mullin.

"The inner heat that can be aroused is of various types. For example, there is the inner heat in the central channel, that is first aroused in the chakras at the navel and the secret place, and there is the inner heat that blazes and increases outside the central channel. Secondly, there is the heat that is aroused from the depth of the body, and also the heat aroused at the surface, between the skin and flesh ... Then, there is the heat that rises slowly, and the heat that arises quickly. Also, there is the heat that seems thick, and the heat that seems thin. In each of these pairs, the first is better than the second. The second indicates an inferior experience."

This bloggy is now a fortnight old. I haven't put it into any blog directories or whatever. I only told six people where it was. So how come I got 26 returning visitors last Wednesday then? All week there hasn't been less than 10 returning visitors each day. What can it all mean, Jack. The statistics are useless, Hotboy. That's what it means. They're all Masai Warriors, Alien Creatures from Outer Space, and spam robots anyway. So blog on and bugger it! At least the statscounter thing alerted me to the link with my work, so it was useful for that. Does anyone know anything about the statscounter statistics?

6 comments:

ion said...

Sitemeters are entirely a waste of time. They lure one into feeling a winner or a loser, when popularity should never be the name of the game. Sometimes it's just that once you blogged a good recipe. If you start thinking that hits and page views reflect value, you are truly lost.

Hotboy said...

Ion: But they don't seem to work, do they? I mean, do the numbers mean anything? They do not seem to represent any known reality. Hotboy p.s. They're making it up, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

I say!

There are known realities, but there are also realities that we know we do not know, and there are unknown realities which we do not know, and therefore these are unreal realities. I could go on at length, but I'm sure you get the gist.

Anyway, if one searched Google Blog Search for "chakras at the navel" - which I'm sure many thousands of Google users would be likely to do most Sundays through the week, then they are able to discover RaBadBoyBLissheid.

Whilst I'm on the subject, is the capitalisation of 'L' significant? I have so far pondered this question without solution.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The capital L is a mistake! There is no way these statcounter stats can be right! After three or four days of this blog being in existence it was getting 17 returned visitors. That was more than the other blog got ever! Hotboy

rob said...

I'm with ion. I only know that your last blog had something nasty in it that used to set off my spyware detector thing. Are you letting statcounter in here too? NPD claims another victim. I'm in recovery since I dumped them.

Like MM, I assumed the L was for learner. Provisional drivers in Australia have to display a P-plate. You'd be RaBadBoyPissheid.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Technorati had your other blog ranked at: 870,000 (or so) and this one at 3,878,249

I'm sure this makes everything much clearer.

MM III