Thursday 1 May 2008

Rat Dream Yoga

Thursday 8:15 a.m.
Dream yoga is one of the Six Yogas of Naropa. Since raising inner heat, the tummo, is the foundation practise, you probaby can't do dream yoga properly until you're good at that. Still, sober and straight going to bed, I thought I'd give it a go.

The wummin who owned the Holy Isle sold it cheap to the Samye Ling after she was told to sell it to the buddhists by the Virgin Mary in a dream. The lama flew over it once in a lucid dream when he was practising the Six Yogas in America.

You might be able to get into lucid dreaming by telling yourself you'll dream and be aware of your dreams before you go to sleep. Otherwise, you can tell yourself that you're dreaming while you're awake.

I think Descartes of the pineal gland thought your first philosophical step was to ask yourself if you were dreaming or not. I think therefore I am. I am therefore I do.

Do be do be do. Frank Sinatra.

Anyway, not a very successful experiment. Vivid, yes. Lucid, no. In the first dream, a dark shadow at the foot of the bed was squeezing my feet (I fell asleep in the yoga nidra position) and I got a bad case of the heeby jeebies trying to waken up to fight that. Then, I was involved in some horrorshow between the jews and the nazis living next door. Oh, no! The bomb! The bomb! The last one of this heavy menacing trio involved straightforward working class sectarianism starting with a kickabout in the street. Ally McCoist, the assistant manager of the Rangers, made an appearance in this one.

After eight hours in bed, I still feel knackered as well! Back to the drawing board.

I should add that I will be supporting the huns tonight in their attempt to reach a European final. Gone are the days when the team management, owners, football players, et al were steeped in masonry and orangeism. So I'm supporting the huns tonight and just hope the orange basturns among their support get the good doing they so richly deserve from the Italian polis! Once they get rid of the Act of Settlement, there will be nothing much to be an orange fascist basturn about. God save the Queen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucid dreaming is fascinating. You can get some interesting insights and tips into the process of lucid dreaming here:

howtoluciddream.wordpress.com

Hotboy said...

Albert? That can't be you? I'll check the link out later. Thanks. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

But isn't one suppose to master lucid waking first?