Tuesday 27 May 2008

Ris time of year!

Tuesday
Once when I was in North Africa, a long, long time ago, we were walking to this campsite in the twilight zone. It was a bit strange because objects became very blurry, and distances were hard to judge. You had to watch your step, so you did. No, it wasn't the dope! Twilight is different in different places.

Particularly auspicious times to meditate are supposed to be dawn and dusk. Apparently, it's at these times that the breathing becomes equalised between the nostrils, and that's what you're looking for anyway.

In the wintertime when it gets dark about five or six, you can sometimes feel a difference in your body if you're sitting reading or whatever. (Of course, this doesn't apply to flatheids!) Then you can think: Oh, it's getting dark! I'll go and meditate. This is a very good thing about the winter because I've been missing this recently. The sun might be down by nine, but it doesn't get dark for ages and ages. When it gets dark, then's the time to give it laldy with the vase breathing. But I'm just about ready for beddybys by that time these days.

During the last week, I've only had 3 bottles of Erdinger. Nothing else. I get paid tomorrow. Time to switch addictions. I think I'll buy myself some soapbar.

I suppose due to being a good boy, I've been getting into amazingly blissy states recently, and my understanding has been enhanced by reading this book by the Nyingma boy. After trying to do the visualisations and whatnot, sometimes you should stop trying, let go, just be in the amazing bliss. I knew I should be doing that from other sources, but sometimes you forget and it's nice to get a reminder.

I've done some kind of training every day for the last fortnight apart from Sunday, when I went a walk with Poisonous. Fee, fi, fo, fum. Look out, Cassius, here I come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But the Simmer Dim is the best time of year. When the light never actually leaves the sky!

Of course I go crazy every winter with SAD. My light bill is rather high as I try to recreate daylight inside the house.

Twilight is different in different places. In the desert it is sharp and painful. Near the sea it is softer and by the mountains it is hard to find.

Hotboy said...

Marie: Yes, the light late at night is the best time for everything else! Apart from going to the pub. I used to hate coming out of pubs when it was still light. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Did they have no beer in Morocco? That would help.

Slightly off-topic, are the Desperate McGrews like that other family you're related to, the ones who roamed the west coast and ate stolen sheep in caves? I believe it's supposed to be a non-sectarian conference. Stick with reenacting some favourite HNTs, that's safer.

Hotboy said...

Albert? It's a poum by Robert Service, I think. But my shoulder feels much better. So I might just stand on my head instead, a silent symbol of ... well, standing on your head. Hotboy