Tuesday 20 May 2008

Rat Ringu Tulku!

Tuesday 9:11 a.m.
Yesterday afternoon the Dom Bliss and I took in a talk on Guru Yoga from Ringu Tulku. What a brilliant exposition! Without notes, he talked for about 50 minutes and then took questions for another 40 minutes. I've heard talks by Ringu Tulku before and I've never listened to anyone who can explain the juju better. His answers to the questions at the end were sometimes funny as well. He's obviously got something I wouldn't mind having!

I was getting blissed out sitting there on the floor of the Theosophical Society room in Great King Street. You just have to sit for a while with a straight back these days and something starts happening. Progress, progress, progress! I wakened up about 4. a.m. this morning and after a wee while, I was lying on my side feeling absolutely wonderful, in a cocoon of such bliss! It just kind of overcame me. This is a fantastic way to start the day!

Since I've spent all my money this month already (on beer!), I could only go to one of the Ringu's talks, which is a great shame. Opportunities to listen to guys like that shouldn't be missed!

11:20 p.m.
I haven't been going to the Tai Chi for the first four months of this year ... partly the capsulitis, partly being skint, etc., but I've been going back now for three weeks. I've grown fond of the wummin who teaches me this. The Tai Chi has been great for me on ways of slow increments. Subtle improvements. The wummin has got to be 78 years old anyway. She's like a little bird. But there are stretches in that wummin ....

I drank four bottles of Erdinger tonight and then cut up my credit card. After the Tai Chi, I went to my hut and meditated for a bit, then drank the four bottles of beer. More and more I feel as if I am on the cusp of wonderments, but I slow myself up and pull myself back, and try to stick with normal things ... like drinking beer. Well, I'm not normal. I haven't been normal for three or four years. I was never nice, but I always told myself I was normal, the norm, the usual joe. Time to hack into the habitual tendencies.

They do not give you the credit cards to help you, Jack. It is a great convenience for the better off, the retentives. I wanted to keep it because with two grand in credit you could always run, or pay for somebody's funeral. What did I do before I had one? Time to find out!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very good day.

I've been away for 3 weeks with a family emergency. Now I'm trying to rescue my plants.

Hotboy said...

Marie: I was wondering what had happened to you. Hope the emergency sorted itself out and glad you're back. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Thanks, for the moment is it sorted. There is nothing more I can do, I'm up against the limit of how long I can be gone and if things go pear-shaped again, someone else has to do the rescue. It is good to be back. I love Skye in the summer.

Hotboy said...

Marie: Skye in the summer is a wee bit like heaven! I hope they all give you a rest! Hotboy

rob said...

I say! I do hope they weren't the 4 bottles of hut management pay. That wouldn't help at all.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is that you? A whole week of no bob or don stretches ahead! Hurrah! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Don Rumsfeld? What's that rhyming slang for? I could only come up with - a whole week of not having your bum felt. Surely not!

Hotboy said...

Albert? I don't know where the don comes from. Mingin' I think. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

MM - clarification would help.