Thursday 1 May 2008

Ra Big Jambo Day!

Thursday, Ist May. 8:46 a.m.
The Amazing Bloggy Church of the Bad Boy Blissheid has declared the Ist of May to be Big Jambo Day. It was on the 1st of May, 1988 that the Domestic Bliss went back to work and I was left for the first time in sole charge of the kiddo. And it was on that day that the Big Jambo and Jeannie drove us down for my first visit to the Samye Ling. It was also the Big Jambo who introduced me to the Autobiography of a Yogi, which was very influential. Rest in Peace.

Of course, it's also Labour Day. Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer, we'll keep the red flag flying here!

10:58 p.m.
You can't explain about ra bliss to flatheids because they're flatheids, but ... when I got off the couch about four, it was pouring down and I sat in the lobby instead of going to the allotment. The Dalai Lama said that even when you are in the mandala, you will have to deal with the afflictive emotions.

Grieving and bliss. My face was wet with tears. I didn't mind. You have to grieve sometimes. It's cleansing. Such was ra bliss and the tears rolling down my face. So long as nobody's there to see you, it doesn't really matter. When someone you know commits suicide, there's such a sense of failure with the loss as well. All this during the startling bliss.

Filled with the spirit. What can you say? The priest once said that you're body was a temple of the Holy Ghost and that's why you shouldn't do bad things to yourself. The Holy Ghost, and kundalini and prana ...

I've been using as many Thursdays for meditation as I can since I became a part time worker four years ago. How they have helped! These days are my best days. The tears aren't a problem. Sometimes you're supposed to weep.

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out to cut up the remains, jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains, an' go to your Gawd like a soldier. Kipling.

The diggings have all been dug, Jack! Apart from a little band where the strawberries are growing, I've dug the whole bloody thing over the last month. You can't win. It's my penance. The weeds will overtake you in the end, but in the war against the couch grass, today is one nil to moi. And it has become my little piece of heaven. Everything looked wonderful this evening. The sky, the grass, and the robin that sat on a post right behind me and swooped down on the odd brown, glistening centipede unearthed. The daffodils are fading and the apple blossom is starting to bloom. All I have to do now for ages is keep the grass borders in order. The digging always kicks the shit out of me, but the allotment has never looked better than it did tonight. There is a satisfaction in this completion.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Here's to the Big Jambo!

Na zdrave! As they say in Bulgaria.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

Kassutta! As they say in Greenland.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

Another MGT?

As we say in Kalimbuka.

MM III

ion said...

Since they move the May Day holiday around now, it's a good idea to make May 1st Big Jambo Day. Here's to him!

Anonymous said...

I say!

Have you been on the Salvia Divinorum, perchance?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Whatever the salvia divinorum is, right now I'm drinking IPA since I've decided four bottles of Erdinger is just too much, after last night. Four bottles of IPA at 4.4%. Wish I could go out to a coffee shop and buy a joint instead. Brownie says he's going to re classify cannabis so he can through me in jail. Solitary confinement, thank you very much. He's got my vote! Hotboy
Ion: You'll have done some grieving yourself recently! Strange emotional vacillations. And at strange time. My old man's got Christmas Eve and the Big Jambo has May Day. As time goes on ... maybe fit everybody else in somewhere since I might live till I'm sixty by which time all almost everyone I know should be deid. In fact, they should be deid already, the basturns!

Anonymous said...

I say!

I'm heavily sedated en ce moment, having been to see Mr Vim, the Dutch dentist over at Domasi, this afternoon, to see about an exploded tooth, however, May 1st 2009 is now in my diary as Big Jambo Day.

The Lone Groover says he is planning the defences just in case we two appear in the Volkswagon combi on his doorstep, that day.

I'm sorry, but things are going a bit blurry. I'll have to stop now.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! There is nothing ra matter with hitting the G and Ts of a Friday night when you have worked so hard all week at the inspections, so it is nice to hear from you. I have had three bottles of IPA (4.4%) and one of Paulaner (over 5%) because I have to taper off for ra bliss, but ... what? HOpe this helps! Hotboy

rob said...

As a foreigner I had no idea what a Jambo is, but I'm guessing it's the PC word for the Robertson's golliwog.

Did you ever see Men Should Weep? I think it was 7-84. It might help.