Wednesday 30 April 2008

Ra Robin!

Wednesday 7:55 p.m.
In the book Seven Years in Tibet, Heinrich Harrar (?) says the Tibetans weren't very good at getting on with the digging, partly because they tried to help the worms that were exposed by the work.

After lousy weather today, up the allotment was beautiful this evening. During the two hours I spent digging, a wee robin was in close attendance. It would come and go, come and go. Once I held an earthworm on my finger and thought I'd let it have the worm if it took it from there. It flew off and I covered the worm up. Then, it came back and it was a wee bit agitated. It was looking for the worm. Where is the worm, Hotboy?

They must have great eyesight, Robins. It was eating stuff I couldn't see; wee centipedes, slatter like things, etc. But it's a wee bit odd eyeballing a robin, so it is.

Christianity divorced us from nature, perhaps because Christians think human beings are the only living things with souls. And God gave man dominion over the birds of the air and .... the monkeys. Despite Darwin, we seem amazed at what they've found out recently about primates; the use of primitive tools, etc., and there has been great resistance to accepting that we're embedded in nature, are part of nature, and should watch what we're doing.

Thank god, we don't believe in anything, eh, Jack? We ate the planet. If we think the history of the twentieth century was pretty bloody, well, we aint seen nothing yet! You wouldn't want to be reborn in a lot of places in the next hundred years. Dearie me! Ignorance, greed and hate are the three baddies ... but it is the greed what did it, Jack.

After talking to Allan Guthrie about the kind of things agents do, I feel very calm about my prospects with regard to possible publications. James Bond, my secret agent, will do just what he said he'd do. He'll go through the books. If he thinks there's a chance, he'll tell me what he thinks is wrong, and I'll fix it.

I don't have to rush with anything. I don't have to worry about anything. In fact, I don't really have to do anything. I'll potter about with a wee bit of re-writing and concentrate on ra bliss.

Apart from seeing the auld maw on Friday, I have nothing lined up. Now, I'm going to do ra bliss in the bath and listen to the Chelsea/Liverpool second half. I feel tired from the diggings, but a most fortunate creature right now!

3 comments:

rob said...

You say robin, I say possum, let's kill the wee things.

rob said...

I suppose football on the radio must be exciting compared to blissing.

rob said...

I read this week about an orang utansin Borneo or whereever, watching the fishermen spear fish. Later the ape grabbed a spear and poked it in the river, and couldn't understand why a fish never appeared on the end of the spear.

One knows how it feels to imitate others without success.