Thursday 22 May 2008

Ris Fortunate Creature!

Thursday 10:52 a.m.
I got out of bed about half an hour ago feeling so happy. I'm still feeling happy. I haven't started meditating today yet, but I know that ra bliss ... Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

I seemed to spend all night falling into and out of wonderful dreams. I was lost in Peru or was it Brazil? I sometimes asked, I didn't care what the answer was. I had my wonderful friends with me. I was on holiday. The views were magnificent. Gorgeous women kept smiling at me.

And I got out of bed feeling so happy. Buddhism is essentially about making you feel happy and I feel really happy right now. Once I start meditating, today I will sometimes be bursting with happiness.

Though I enjoy winding up the flatheids, I do owe this feeling of being permeated with happiness to other people, especially my family and friends for not being horrible to me, and especially the juju masters like Ringu Tulku and the buddhas in the south west.

I discovered yesterday that the week long gong bashing festival down at the Samye Ling isn't till August. I'll have the money for that. I'm so looking forward to it. I'll have an even better time than I had last year!

I'm so pleased I cut up my credit card. I'll phone them up this afternoon, so I won't get another one till after I get paid on the 28th. Hurrah! Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

What a fortunate, fortunate creature I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be the phase of the moon, I've had a very happy day as well.

I think one of the best things about Buddhism is that I can be happy just because I want to be.

Today I planted little plants in the sun. My onions aren't doing very well and I'm not sure why not. But all else is doing as it should be.

Hotboy said...

Marie: I don't remember dreams from last night and I'm quite crabbit this morning, even after meditating for over an hour so far (it's 7:30 a.m.). Still, the day should improve!!

rob said...

If you could please slow down your posting I might have some time left over for conference preparations. As it is, it's fortunate I don't have a life, or I'd have no time to read this stuff at all.

rob said...

Like Buddhism, Blisspillage is essentially about making you feel happy.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm addicted to posting and blogging. Otherwise, I'll have to write a crime book which is bound to start with someone getting stabbed through both eyes, or it won't sell. Dearie me! Hotboy