Wednesday 1 August 2007

Ra Ninth Day!

Wednesday 9:14 a.m.
The Domestic BLiss and the kiddo arrived safely yesterday and it was so nice to see them! They made me realise how tired I was. Then I got an hour or two of relaxation and went back to the darkened temple at nine o clock. Two spooky guys this time. But, due to the night falling, I think, the symbols were brighter and the heat thing seeemed to be working better. The meditation this morning finished very blissfully. Just before the gong to finish, I'm sure the lama came to me and upped ra bliss!!

Yes, that was a very good hour! I think I'm remembering better that I'm supposed to be combining ra bliss with emptiness. This isn't easy since it's very nice just to have ra bliss, especially when it's very full on. Actually, when it's very full on, you can't really do much but be in it.

Reading Lama Thebten Yeshe's Bliss of Inner Fire has been very useful again. I think I understand a bit more now about the illusory body, and I can use this when I re-write The Real McCoy. It's not a bad book just now and it's on my webpage.

I was happy when I wrote that book and I think it shows. I'll be happy when I do the re-write if I do it. I might be able to stop writing completely now and just give it up. I haven't written for nearly a year now, which is a long time for me. I will re-write that book if new book finds a publisher. If it doesn't.... who knows!

This is my last full day here. I'm so happy I came here when I did. By tomorrow luncthime I'll have sat meditating with one of the greatest meditators in Britain, if not the universe, for over sixty hours in the last ten days. It's better than money in the bank!!! What a fortunate creature I am, Jack. I know, Hotboy. Few more fortunate than you!!

2:48 p.m.
What a fabulous day I'm having! The morning session was the first one not attended by the lama, but what a session it was! At one point ra bliss seemed to go into a completely different ... a completely different .... well, it was completely different, Jack. Apart from the superhot symbols, it seemed to be there, most of it anyway. And more of it than yesterday.

The kiddo and the Dom Bliss were still here for lunch and it was pouring down good Samye Ling style. I told the kiddo about the lama once answering a question I asked by looking slightly pissed off and saying: "In Tibet they told us that sleep was useless!" So I went back into the temple for Makhala prayers instead of heading for the tent and a half hour or so of sleepybys. What a brilliant hour or so I had in there.

It's always the same down here. Just when you think it's just about to happen properly, you have to go home!! Well, I'm not home yet. I've got hours and hours and hours of ra bliss to go! Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

It certainly sounds as if you've been having an absolutely fabulous time at the temple.

Well done all that meditation, and heat raising.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Been a fantastic rest from the everyday apart from all ra bliss and ra juju. Hotboy

rob said...

Doctor Robert tells me the capital L in your DB reference is a veiled allusion to driving skills. Are you sure that's wise?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Wise? I doubt that! Hotboy