Wednesday 22 August 2007

Ra Child of Wednesday Night!

Wednesday 11:50 p.m.
It was the summer we never had when I wakened up on the couch, having crashed for two straight hours after posting last. So I went out to the Botanics.

It was just the same as last summer when the weather was like the best summetimes should be. I went to the same part of the Botanics and rolled up my shirt to sit on because the ground is so damp these days. I had on the clip on shades and faced the way I would have last summer when I went there to meditate many afternoons ago.

That's the way you can tell if the time has made much of a difference; see if the juju is really working. I just had the most wonderful time sitting there. There's been lots of progress since I got the literary agent and decided to get into the purification a bit more; got the Medicine Buddha empowerment; and got my ears bashed in the gong thumping ten days down at the Samye Ling. Lots of progress. That really just means that I was having an even more wonderful time than I was having last summer, and that seemed pretty wonderful at the time. Being able to do such amount of ra bliss is a fabulous facility indeed.

Property Is Theft by Proudon is all about inter-connectedness, if I remember aright. How many people did it take to make the computer? How can you really own something which has taken millions of human beings to produce? So I'm sitting there in the Botanical Gardens knowing I cannot take ownership of this. If anything was ever so dependently arising.

It's the same as writing novels. You can only claim the wee tottie bit at the end. You didn't invent the language and somebody taught you how to read and write, just for starters.

So thanks for the flatheids who keep everything ticking over in this society so I can end up in the Botanic Gardens, sitting there doing ra bliss in spades. The one thing I did right in this life was teach myself to meditate. There wasn't really anything else I needed to do. Just learn how to meditate and stick with it. Unfortunately, if you don't meditate, you don't get ra bliss. Flatheids just don't get ra bliss, Jack. What a shame! How could you not like bliss?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I rather dozed off whilst reading that post. Possibly because it sounded like the beginning of another Hotboy novel "It was the summer we never had when I wakened up on the couch..."

Erm...how long have I been asleep?

Is Lord Lucan still missing?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! See what you mean! Is is still the occasion of my forteith birthday? No? Dearie me! Where did it all go? Lord Lucan is buried under the hut. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Anyone who has lived in Botswana for any length of time is likely to know something about 'Lucky'.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! He's lucky there was space under the hut! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

'Lucky' was a bit of a cad. Didn't pay for his round, the last time I saw him in the Mango Bar, downtown Gabs. That's the last word I'll say on the matter, otherwise the Old Bill will be on to us all.

MM III