Friday 17 August 2007

Ra Journey!

Friday 5:55 p.m.
The train journey to Bellshill takes about an hour and a half. I've got my eyes closed almost all the way. There's a kind of timelessness in this kind of bliss. I did the elemental collapse that the Tibetans say occurs after you've died. The mirage, clouds, etc. Then you're left with the dharmakaya. Ground zero. I think this must be the clear light mind.

"When we can see, straightforwardly and non-conceptually, the nature of our clear light mind and remain forever absorbed in that nature without ever having to regress from it, we have become a buddha." Dalai Lama. The Wall.

The deity yoga juju is just a skillful means to help you on your road.

Mind is described in this tradition as like space except with the ability to know; cognizing. It is also without characteristics, containing everything and obstructing nothing.

You maybe can have as many heavens and hells as you can think of then. They arise in mind, abide in mind and decline in mind.

But they're not really there, Hotboy. I know, Jack. They're not really there. But we're not really here, not the way we think we are anyway. Like the moon's reflection on water. Like images seen in a dream; thus must we regard all things.

I'd like to be able to explain a heaven to my auld maw that I could be convincing about.

Sitting meditating while listening to the Dharmapada with my auld maw is becoming a hightlight of my week. I latched onto it today when the buddha told me to stay away from flatheids. " ... free from bias and radiant, he will become cool even in this life."

My auntie Kathy says my auld maw is less crabbit after she's been meditating. My auntie Kathy might think listening to the CD with me is meditating, and she might be right.

So I had a wee bit of an insight into emptiness while travelling to Bellshill today. And I had a good idea about how to deal with the conversation Jacob Merryweather has with God in The Real McCoy for when I can find the time to start the re-write. Felt very enthusiastic about the re-write afterwards. How can I find the time while I'm stuck in this jobbie? I'd rather meditate of course. But I might have to write something that I can sell so I can give up the jobbie. Hmmm?

The new electronic signboard on Bellshill station platform still says: Welcome to Bellshill. It's never said anything else. The digital time thing on it was seven hours out today as usual. When did school teachers start running the railways?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

"The new electronic signboard on Bellshill station platform still says: Welcome to Bellshill. It's never said anything else."

They could replace this with a print sign, and save on electricity.

One has to think of the green options.

Or even, they could employ someone with a sandwichboard, with the same information.

Merely a suggestion. I'm sure this helps. Perhaps you might suggest it to the Stationmaster, next time you arrive, or depart.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! At least soon it'll be in Gaelic ... when we win against the creekiters. That would be a talking point. Hotboy

rob said...

A special time of life, is this thing with the maw. And maybe the kiddo will do likewise when your time approaches. I'm relying on the dog.

For obvious reasons my communing with the old dear has to be via phone. If I was at her bedside my holey socks and lack of a shirt and tie would cause too much grief.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is that you? I bet your old dear is worth bumping off. The evil bourgeois live far too long. I'd do anything to get out of gainful employment. Why don't you buy her a pit bull terrier for her Christmas? Hotboy