Tuesday 18 December 2007

Ra Hello!

Tuesday 9:47 p.m.

I hate writing synopses. I spend as little time on them as possible because, like blurbs on book jackets, they are bullshit.

The CD by the renegade joe who has lost the plot is quite good. I was listening to the stages of enlightenment today and feeling that this was a theory worth knowing about. Still, I don't know if I'll be giving it to the auld maw. Little impressions maybe count. This joe won't be a good source of refuge and maybe the positives .... I don't know. I asked Teresa and she said she'd get the auld maw something else. I did ask and that was the answer. So? It's actually quite well done as far as what is says on the label: An Introduction to Buddhism ... well, to Tibetan buddhism anyway. Anybody fancy a free CD?

I've been reading a good book, but unable to keep it up since I don't have the time. Regular readers of this bloggy (Hello, Jack!) may recall that I don't seem to have the time to read books anymore. I read them when I was younger and could smoke joints and even then I don't know how I found the time. Meditate for four or so hours a day and where has your time gone? Anyway, the book was called Wind in the Shadows, or Shadow in the Wind. By a spango. Good writing from what I can remember. Boy must have made pots!

Since I was broke, and therefore sober and straight last night, I watched a film on Film 4. An excellent Spanish movie, called Pan and the Labyrinthe. Or Pan's Labyrinthe. I wish I had written the screenplay. Had something.

Tomorrow I only have to work a half day. Hurrah! I'll meet the pizzaman afterwards .... in the carpark of the school ... just say no ... hey, this is a police surveillance bloggy so maybe we should stray away from this topic!

Next year ... I've been inspired! I'll stop drinking and taking drugs and start on the steps to enlightenment and lose the plot completely. At least, I won't need much money. Just as well. Maybe I could start chasing women. I'd have to read a book to find out about that since it's not really my scene. Chasing women? I'd need to paint on a Groucho moustache

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't wait till next year. Start now. That is the key, to live in this moment and make the most of it. It is too easy to put things off. Tomorrow never comes, we always live in today.

Chasing women is an interesting goal, however it might depend on if your Domestic Bliss will beat you with the broom for such. At the very least ask her about it first. Some of us don't mind, but others do.

Hotboy said...

Marie Rex: Funnily enough, I was thinking of stopping drinking today! But some hopeless alkie that I know wants me to see him on Friday night in the pub for a Christmas drink ... and then there's the flatheids at New Year. I need to be at the Samye Ling at this time of year. As far as chasing women is concerned ... the Domestic Bliss has enough to put up with, and I'm far too ugly anyway! Hotboy

rob said...

I'm not qualified to comment, but since when has that stopped anyone? The synopsis looks like a good move, the sort of story that people go for these days. You'll be rich. The women will be chasing you. I'll always be an Alma Mater reader though.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I've had to have plastic surgery to stop women chasing me already. "Not qualified to comment"? Do foetuses get feel scalded when their carriers drink hot drinks or don't they? We need to know (next post!) Hotboy

rob said...

Is that what happened to you? Dearie me.