Sunday 30 March 2008

Ra Plain Chant and Song Juju!

Sunday 9:50 p.m.
The sister is trying to check the auld maw's hearing aid. "Where do you keep your money?". "Under the bed," says the auld maw without looking over. You have to have seen it. We are quite funny sometimes. Everybody's well passed grown up as well.

Someone I know gets into the chorus, and the plain chanters are amazing singers ...

Too many people are coming to thisbloggie! I wasn't counting the page loads. I counted the unique visitors. I hadn't read the text, of course, and just assumed the middle column was .... anyway, don't tell anyone you come here. This is a police surveillance bloggie trying to catch paedophiles .... before you know it, the schoolgirls will be after me again, and I'll have to decamp once more. ...

It's my perfect night out. You show up in one of these churches somewhere in the beautiful city, places you'd never normally be in. The closer they get to the catholics, the more gorgeous they become. Last night was austere, in theCannongate Kirk, but it doesn't really matter if you're going to close your eyes anyway.

Meditating in churches ... it's the least embarrassing place. You can hide your half lotus under your jacket. Nobody needs to know. Closing your eyes is fine. You don't buy a programme and you don't really listen to the music, but it's there. Fabulous background noise. Beautiful, beautiful noises. Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

I'd like to convey something about the happiness in the emptiness and how wonderful this past week and a half has been since I was last lashed and held fast to my jobbie. Everything just becomes more and more wonderful.

20 comments:

ion said...

The auld maw sounds all there, even hearing-aid wise. How many of us can claim the same?

Does she have any secrets of a good old age to impart? I'm hoping she eats treif, smokes Capstan Full-Strengths and downs bottles of Johnny Walker. May she live long and prosper, though she's managing this fine already.

Hotboy said...

Ion: My auld maw gave up fags when she was seventy and never drank much. Well overweight for most of her puff though. Fair, fat and cheerful! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I too had a surge of visitors at my website. I think something's up, as I had to delete an unwanted comment leading to a virus site.

Anyway - I read in the Smondays that there's going to be a new university in Scotland called The Invincible Donovan University, where courses in bliss will be taught. Surely you will apply for a position there?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! That position thing sounds a bit like a jobbie to moi! Does the Invincible uni give you an invincible cheque even if you don't turn up? Otherwise .... Hotboy. p.s. Is any of this Invincible uni stuff true?

rob said...

Deifheids don't listen to the music. Dearie dearie me!

rob said...

ion - is treif like tripe?

rob said...

PS Remember to ask the aunt the same question before taking her out.

Lee Ann said...

You must get a webcam Hotboy. If you need someone to confirm this, talk to Rob! ;)
Have a great week!
~xo
Lee Ann

rob said...

Yes talk to me. Have you got a webcam now?

Hotboy said...

Albert and Lee Ann: Have I got a webcam? I've got £75 to do me till the end of the month again(I know it's only the Ist!)unless I hit the plastic. Anyway, trying to fix stuff just gets you into a lot of bother. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Where's your webcam, Hotters - we demand to know.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The entrepreneurial flare deficit rendered the search for a hut manager stalled, if only awaiting a book deal! Until then ... hold the front page! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Good new photie, but no one can see it at that size! Shame really. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I've always found just sitting in an auld kirk to be a peaceful experience. Especially if I don't pay attention to the fire and brimstone verbage.

You must have better spam robots than I do. My blog is a pretty quiet place.

Anonymous said...

I say!

There are webcams on eBay for £1.99 which is a mere Z$85 million if one resides in Zimbabwe.

I mean - without a webcam it's merely hearsay that you meditate for 8 hours each day. We need the proof!

By the way, I noticed this picture of a Zimbabwean with a placard stating "Starving billionaire".

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

This is a better likeness.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

I've gone back to this one.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Marie Rex: Albert knows about this bloggie business. If you want to get noticed, you have to take off more than your viking helmet. But if you want folk to land on your blog, you just go out there, do blog directory stuff,and leave comments on blogs, etc. But it shouldn't matter. The only reason folk land on this bloggie is because no one else is doing ra bliss, apart from a couple of million other people, but they're all doing sensible stuff in the caves, and hermitages, bliss, and not blogging. Hmmm? Smart!Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The first and original likeness of your good self is unsurpassable, or insurpassible, or .... very good photie for the bloggie indeed! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Everyone: Who's this joe? Aybody clickied on this? Hotboy