Wednesday 26 March 2008

Rallotment!

Wednesday 6:10 p.m.
I don't know how long the meditation lasted, but I watched a candle burn down about and inch and a half, then went outside to dig. The birds were giving it laldy. I don't know if any have booked the birdbox yet, but there were millions of them about today. I was pleased to see a robin! Or maybe two robins!

During the Christmas holidays, one day a robin was giving me a lots of attention. Later on, I wondered if this was because it was starving and took it up some Christmas pudding, but there was no robin about this time. Dearie me. So I was especially pleased to see one hopping about the same place today.

Sometimes you dig up white caterpillar things, grubs with white bodies and yellow heads. What are they doing under the ground? I presented one to the robin today and it gobbled it up. It was like us eating something the size of your leg, so it tweeked away good style after that. Then I wasn't sure if that was a buddhisty thing to do. Maybe like in Star Trek you're not supposed to interfere. At least, I didn't eat it myself!

There are now eleven uplifted rows of potatoes undulating down one side of the allotment. I might get about 450 tatties out of that lot, or enough for 100 pots of soup. But I probably won't, especially since I give bags and bags to the auld maw.

I've just had some soup then some toast and now I think I'd better have a wee lie down. Unfit for fung anything, so I am!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must make very big pots of soup.

I'm going to put up a green house to grow tomatoes and jalapenos.

It was nice enough to go out in my boat today. That is my place for total bliss.

Hotboy said...

Marie Rex: Jalapenos? Never heard of these people. It's hard to find a place that looks better than Skye! Hotboy

ion said...

The comment I left before (viz. potato propogation and robins) has gone pouf! courtesy of haloscan. Instead, may your potatoes flourish and ra heat arise!

Anonymous said...

Is watching candles more like paint drying or cricket?

the prof said...

Was it one robin or two? The supsense is killing me. If it was only one, try putting on the 3D glasses and it'll look like two.

Anonymous said...

So it's come to this - reincarnation as a caterpillar. Dearie dearie me.

Anonymous said...

Tatties to Bellshill. Is that like coals to Newcastle?

Hotboy said...

Ion: It won't be the first pouf that's come to this bloggie. I think there might be one below you, a gender bender anyway. Dearie me. Shouldn't make jokes like that. Have you heard of competences, from social work guidelines, etc. No? Just as well. You're not supposed to make jokes about folks sexuality. Even if they're not getting any! Hotboy
Everybody else: I'm trying to hit ecsatsy staring at candles. What you do with them is your business! The caterpillar will surely cater my pllar when I'm deid. No tatties taste like your own tatties straight from the ground! Hope this helps. Hotboy

rob said...

I refrained from making the pouf joke, I knew I could rely on someone else to do it for me. As some of the people living here do all the time.