Wednesday 26 March 2008

Ra New Dawn!

Wednesday 9:00 a.m.
Went to beddybys sober and straight last night, but only managed two meditation sessions throughout the day. Still, both of them lasted over an hour and a half, and the second session was as good as it has ever been.

It looks to me, Jack, that ra bliss and ra heat are well outpacing the ability to visualise oneself as a deity in the mandala, which is till rubbish. Do you think this is important, Hotboy? I do not know, Jack. St Teresa of Avila wasn't employing any of these strategies, but I read once that some medieval mystics had problems with the heat. I think it was called Incendium Amoris.

If you wanted to get some idea of the visualisation task, you could stick Kalachakra Mandala into Google Images. I reckon you're supposed to have a visual memory of that, and then be sitting in it (I try to do this as if on top of it) as a deity. The colours are supposed to be radiant. It's no easy, Jack, but you can see what an effort of concentration and how much mental calming might be involved at my stage of the game. I assume the more you do of it, the easier it gets.

I can meditate my socks off today. I don't have any meetings with flatheids scheduled till Saturday night. I get paid tomorrow. Hmmm? Be nice if I could stop pulling both ways at the same time.

But what a wonderful day I'm going to have! What a fortunate creature I am!

No comments: