Friday 21 March 2008

Ra Passion!

Easter Saturday 1:39 a.m.
Since I started doing juju with the photie of the boy in the Turin Shroud some years ago, I can consider myself a Christian.

This is not really a religious bloggy. I'm really a pragmatist. I want to see what works.

What is a pragmatist, Jack? Well, Hotboy, it doesn't matter if the cat's black or white so long as it catches mice.

Since I was in Bellshill today ... anyway, the Good Friday bit kind of passed me by, but I started in with the Turin Shroud image a couple of hours ago, and I've been feeling quite affected by it.

My god, my god, why hast thou forsaken me?

The tims don't give diddly squat about the bible. They invented the bible, so they know it's just a book. But I read the New Testament once and I thought the story was amazing. It's way better than any scifi, a totally fabulous story really.

My god, my god, why hast thou forsaken me?

I doubt if anyone has ever written a better line than that!

Anyway, it's slightly embarrassing being affected by The Passion when you should be fast asleep ... when I know that only a spam robot and Onan the Bavarian, and one or two perverts looking for hotboys ever come to this bloggy, but there it is. It is finished. In a couple of days, we rise again. Thank God for that!

5 comments:

rob said...

If "rise again" means what I think it does, you should give up the Erdinger more often.

Anonymous said...

You're right that tims have most of the fun, but can you or can you not do Ra St Matthew Passion? The ultimate buzz.

Hotboy said...

Albert? And Owny: Of whom was it said: They don't dance, don't laugh, don't sing? I can't remember if it was the Hermans who were referred to, or the greetin faced, dour, calvinist basturns. Probably both. Not one belly laugh among the lot of them! Hotboy

rob said...

It's Easter Monday here, is this supposed to be the fun part? What would JC do? What would a tim do?

Hotboy said...

Albert? It's not even Easter Sunday here! Are you sure we're on the same planet? Hotboy