Tuesday 18 March 2008

Ra Status Report

Tuesday 7:55 p.m.
As I was resting on the spade and looking over towards the sun going down behind the spire of Fettes College, the sky was very light blue, the streaks of cloud crimson and pink. I was digging and it was chilly, but very good to be there.

My capsulitis isn't bothering me much. I haven't been shadow boxing full out, but the only real nuisance is that I cannot stand on my head. It's no happy with the hand going behind your head like that. Going up with straight legs, then going into a lotus and sitting down had perhaps a bit too much vanity in it for me anyway. The tai chi seems to be good for it.

I've re-written the first 120 pages of The Real McCoy and I'm really enjoying working on it. Of course, it'll make me rich. Rich! Rich, I tell you!

My auld maw sent me £20 in the post today so I could go and see her this week since I've lost my credit card. It's hard to know what to say about that.

I've got four wee Polish kids helping me at my jobbie. They were falling about today as I was trying to pronounce their second names. In my grandfather's day, the Poles came to Bellshill to work in the pits and the story was that they walked down the main street and called themselves after the names on the shops. Joe Chemist. I'm sure that's apocryphylinksiwcz. Won't have a word said against the Polish kids. They're better than ours.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you running a sweatshop?

Anonymous said...

Being able to dig with capsulitis is a promising sign. How fortunate one is compared with many people. Can you swim a mile with it?

Hotboy said...

Onan? Are you a Bavarian? Gilgore Trout had nothing on me, Big Al, the Kiddies Pal! Hotboy
Drobby! Show no pain, feel no pain. I can run a mile with it! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Glad you are healing. Me I want spring to get here so I can go play in my boat.

I'm trying to figure out how to have a wee green house so I can grow tomatoes and peppers. The problem is getting one that will hold up in the wind.

Hotboy said...

Marie Rex: I asked the kiddo if she was worried about the house blowing down in Australia during bad storms. She was three. She said no because the house was made of bricks. She knew about the Big Bad Wolf! Glass bricks, that's what you need. Arthur Miller when he lived with Marlyn Monroe had a fireplace made with them, so you can have a greenhouse that costs as much as ... well, I haven't got it! Not much help this. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

You were sick, but now you are well again. And there's work to be done.

Theodore Sturgeon

Anonymous said...

I say!

Who is this Arnold chap who comments here?

"As I was resting on the spade and looking over towards the sun going down behind the spire of Fettes College, the sky was very light blue, the streaks of cloud crimson and pink. I was digging and it was chilly, but very good to be there."

Apart from the lack of a comma after 'digging', rather a good start to a novel, in my humble opinion.

Anyway, Hotters, old chap...how shall I put this?

As we know, you're a chap of a certain age.

You've obviously been to a few places, done a few things, seen a few things...taken a few body blows and so on, in more ways than the obviously pugilistic ones.

And, I feel that, despite me sitting here in the tropics of Kalimbuka, with a large MGT in my hand, and Doviko at hand to refill when the need arises, and far distant from you, that I've come to know you quite well.

What I'm getting at here is rather, shall we say...man-to-man business.

You've been around the block, a few times at least. Possibly stopping off at the offie once or twice, in your case.

But nevertheless, and let's not beat about the bush too much here...you will know, from experience, about this matter, I am sure.

Alright...let's get to the point.

What, in your opinion, and as a humble Buddhist, naturally, would your advice be for someone (a friend of mine, for example) who has started to suffer slightly from nasel hair?

Should one cut...or tweezer?

Is a Brazilian wax an alternate option (I've overheard Mrs M discuss this on the phone to Tirian Clutterbuck about a new enterprise down in Blantyre, but didn't like to pry any further in case it was purely women's business).

I look foreward to your response.

Your humble (secret) servant,

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Who is this Arnold fellow right enough? Re: the nasal hair issue. Mine started growing when I was 26 years old. What for, you may ask? I pull mine out and use it for stuffing the mattress. A good trick is to get your lighter on full and then place it under your nostril before giving it the gun. You could do it in your bathroom mirror. Get Mrs Mingin' to video it and put it on YouTube to help others who have broadband, and have similar dilemnas. Hotboy p.s. Patent a pencil sized electric shaver and you could clean up!

Hotboy said...

Everybody: It should be Kilgore Trout. Anyone know who he is? Hotboy