Wednesday 12 March 2008

Ra Vajrayana Joe!

Wednesday 4:50 p.m.
You sit here having a wee think about what you'd like to blog about and you're already off in ra bliss. Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

Now that I am free of the jobbie once more till next Monday, I thought I'd set the scene for the next few days of juju.

I seem to be able to sit in a lotus now without too much bother for an hour and a half. There's been a suddenish jump, Jack. I don't know how or why, as usual. Interestingly enough, I think a recommended routine is one and a half hour sittings six times a day. That's nine hours. It will be a help to be able to sit without having to adjust your legs over the hour and a half.

I can't really recommend my practise to anyone since I made a lot of it up, or adapted it from stuff I'd heard or read. I haven't done the 100,000 recitations of the hundred syllable mantra and neither have I completed any really of the 100,000 prostrations. These are foundation practises. So a lack of foundations really. Also, I've been drinking about 12 bottles of Erdinger a week and eating a half ounce of soapbar when I've got it. Bad boy!!

But ra bliss is going into ecstasy. The idea of breathless ecstasy is no longer just an amusing idea to me. I might not be able to emanate as a deity, but the breathlessness is, I don't think, beyond me.

Happiness? If you were to think that the computer (and everything else!) arises in mind just as your thoughts and feelings arise in mind, you would feel less ownership of your thoughts and feelings. When the sense of self goes outward to include everything, then your feelings and emotions must seem lessened in importance.

Almost all your thoughts are lies. Almost all of your feelings and emotions are misplaced. Almost all your heads are jammed up your bums.

I don't have a day clear of flatheids till Saturday. I'll go to see the auld maw tomorrow since we're having some younger people round for their dinner on Friday night, and I don't want to miss a whole day. With younger people I may not be able to become as debauched as with my contemporaries, but I can only see my peers growing older, getting stupider, becoming decrepit .... grief, sorrow, lamentations .... suffering in this life! Fancy missing the whole point of human beingness! What a bunch of morons!

Time for the hut now!

3 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I had 3 days off last week, but I was not having fun. I was home sick. I went back to work on Monday, but I am still feeling a little yucky.
Enjoy your time off Hotboy!
~xo
Lee Ann

Hotboy said...

Sorry to hear that, Lee Ann. I hope the disease departs completely soon! Hotboy

rob said...

12 Erdingers a week is a successful life in anyone's book.