Friday 14 March 2008

Ra Big Sit!

Friday 6:08 p.m.
I was waiting for the train yesterday to go and see the auld maw and it was cancelled. Today I got as far as the end of the ticket queue then discovered I'd lost my credit card. So I spent the afternoon in the hut instead.

A couple of posts ago, I wrote that somehow these days I seem to be able to sit in a lotus for an hour and a half with no great pain, ache or aggravation. I don't know why this has happened. Today I sat in the hut in a simple cross legged position and didn't have to move. I was sitting there for nearly three hours.

This is a wee bit bizarre, Jack. Previously, I couldn't sit in the hut in any position without moving for an hour and a half without the stiffness and soreness setting in. It was nearly three hours. I asked the first joe I met on the way out what the time was. He said ten past five. I checked that in the supermarket when I was buying the carry-out. There was no difficulty in getting up and untangling my legs, which is normal when you've been sitting for a bit. I was sitting in the lobby in a lotus for an hour and a half before going to the train station and it was same: I just got up as if I'd been sitting for a few minutes.

I used to wonder how the juju boys and girls would could sit up at night in the meditation boxes for the three hours sleep they were allowed by the lama. Well, I'm still wondering. What the fung is going on here, Jack? If anyone has an opinion on this, I'd certainly like to hear it!

It's just getting dark here in chilly Jockoland. It's Friday night. Here comes ra heat! Then here comes the Guinness!!

6 comments:

Lelly said...

Hotboy,

I wish I could tell what was going on, and apply it to myself! At (very nearly)50, I only have to remail in one position for a nano-second for something to stiffen up (fnarr)!
Are you eating more oily fish, perchance?? Lelly

Lelly said...

terrible spooling and missing words in my previous comment...clearly it's not just physical decreptitude which creeps up on us late-forty-somethings...sob!

Hotboy said...

Lelly: How nice that you dropped by! Now that the days are getting longer, you dould go and sit in your wood. If I had a wood, I'd go and sit in it! I'm way passed your level of decrepitude! The same and no doubt different! Nice to hear from you again. Hotboy

rob said...

Nice to have a bit if blogaliciousness again. I was wondering if your breathing was perhaps a little freer than normal - like Lelly I hardly dare stop in the one place, but I find that breathing easier helps the circulation to the appendages.

PS re the credit card, remind me to cull my portfolio of any shares in your bank.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is it you? Every time I see smokers I smoke these days, so soon I won't be able to breathe at all. That's not going to help! Hotboy

rob said...

I heard the NHS will refuse to amputate your legs if you're a smoker.