Sunday 13 January 2008

Ra Tempis Fugeting!

Sunday 8:00 p.m.
I've known the wonderful people we went to see last night in Strathaven for almost forty years so I don't suppose they were too surprised when I was incoherent by eleven and tucked up in bed soon after. A good time was had by all!

Yesterday I meditated for as long as I could before departing for Lanarkshire, so I put in about five hours. Today, the first chance I got was when the Domestic Bliss took her old dear to twelve o clock mass. So I'm in this kitchen in Newmains thinking how fantastic it is straight away. I was hard to believe there was so much of ra bliss after bringing drunkenness back into the path the night before. A really fabulous meditation. Thereafter, I could just close my eyes and fall back into it. Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

I gave myself a life expectancy of 52, so come my birthday at the start of February I will have been in the gravy for 5 years. One of the foundation exercises for the juju I do is to appreciate the value of your human life and realise it could end any time. I think if I get to 60 years old, I will have lived for an awful long time, a lot longer than the vast majority of the human beings who have ever lived. So I'll have had the time to do what I have to do. Living till I'm sixty years old seems like a good deal to me. Thinking I should be dead by the time I'm 61 is a good aid to getting on with the business. Tempis fugit right enough!

I got warm today just sitting. It wasn't a function of vase breathing. You sit and you get ra bliss. Ra bliss is a compounded thing. It can be weak or strong. When it is very strong ... well, that seems to be when the heat checks in, or that's the way it happened today.

If I stay alive this year, I will make progress. Concentration is much helped by mental calming and mental calming is much helped by living the quiet life. I have no appointments looming. The Xmas santy basturn madness is nearly a year away. I've got money for bus fares and newspapers until I get paid on the 29th of January. What a fortunate, fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i was wee it was a real treat to go t o Strathaven park. therew asa big tube youc ould crawlt hrougha nda grassy bank youc ould roll down overa nd overt illy ou got dizzy. funny how i just suddenly remembered that. why doest hism essage t

hingym aket he firstl etter of onew ordt the lastletter oft he next word? it´s totallyw eird but i likei t...loveandpeace michelle

Hotboy said...

Hi Michelle! The joe I visit there is the parkie! We got day trips to yon park when I was at primary school. Fabulous day out! All you need is sunshine and the usual suspects to fall in the boating pond! Hotboy