Monday 28 January 2008

Ra Book Review!

Monday 3:00 p.m.
I got into work today to find this email waiting for me. The kid had read Bugtown after the kidsbook. She is not a relative of mine. Neither have I paid her any money.

Hey!!!
Just finished reading the other book last night!! can't decide what I like More first one or that one!!

I like how you think And how you put in little details, It's really impressive, I'd LOVE to be able to do that!!
It's sooo Amazing! Like It's such a good book and with a classic twist made original!! LOVE IT!


It's not as good as someone giving you money, but it is good!

3:30 p.m.
Another review just arrived!


Hi sir i have read the book and it is absolutely epic. I found it an extremely exciting and dark tale and it is ju st utterly magical. i would also love to read your other book and i really think you are beeter than any other author out there!


I did not pay this kid any money and he is not related to me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

How wonderful! If you show those comments to a literary agent, then surely you will get published before the year is out. Then you will become rich and famous.

Once you are rich and famous, it's important to have some good quotables up your sleeve.

For example, I noticed in the Smondays this week (sadly, the Sunday newspapers seem to be taking longer to reach us in Kalimbuka, again) that Jack Nicholson was talking about cars. He said that nowadays, he employed a driver to ferry him around. "I don't drive much any more" he continued, "My accountant tells me that if I don't drive, I save money by not insuring myself."

What a wonderful quote, in a peculiar sort of way.

Cabbage is interested in becoming your chauffeur. Once you are rich and famous, that is, and once he has learnt to drive. He got run down by a jinglamoto once, so I suppose that's a start, of sorts.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I could let you in for a little percent ahead of the rush. What proportion of the future riches would ten grand buy, for instance? Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Ten thousand Malawi Kwacha are on the way to you right now. Or, I could send you ten postage stamps in lieu. Whichever you choose.

That'll secure 20% of your future profits.

It's a done deal.

MM III

onan the bavarian said...

Check for hidden candid cameras.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I met a Malawian yesterday. I would have asked her to marry me, but she was only about fourteen years old. And we're not supposed to notice how gorgeous you might be at fourteen and being gorgeous. If anyone gives me ten postage stamps for yon book, well, I'll be amazed. The world is run by the evil bourgeois who unfortunately have no idea what kids like. Well, what do they like? Amusing stories about the mind in deep, dark adventure. What they get is crap, which fortunately they don't want to read and neither would I. Ten postage stamps! That's more than I have made out of writing for nearly a hundred years. Send it on! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Onan? Where are the hidden cameras hidden? We should know! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Ten postage stamps! Well, let's see them and 20% is yours! That's more than I've been offered for ever! I'm so grateful. Are there any girls on offer, please, who don't shout: we don't want money, we just want fun? ? Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Be careful. I saw this once in an episode of The Bill. They were trying to catch a pedo. It's called entrapment. Doctor Robert's brother is a barrister.