Wednesday 16 January 2008

Ra Clear View!

Wednesday 6: 44 p.m.
I left the jobbie today without any negative feelings about the place at all. How surprising! After the lousy weather we've been getting, the afternoon was quite clear and cold and bright, so I went for my six mile run through the beautiful city. Before my bath, I weighed in at just under twelve stone.

That's more than a year and a half of being a fat basturn, Jack! It's got to stop!

Today I finished reading Shadow of the Wind by ... now, I can't remember the name of the writer. Zopan? Anyway, a very excellent book, but a big mother suitable for beach holidays. Worth a read definitely.

The boy's a spango and the book was translated by a descendant of Robert Graves who wrote the Claudius books. He also wrote Goodbye to All That about the First World War; a brilliant book which I read in my twenties before me and the Domestic Bliss toured about Majorca. After the Goodbye book, Robert Graves buggered off and went to live in Majorca, a wee town called Dea, I think. Up the north west side, if I remember right.

When I was still interested in doing the Mediterranean rat town holidays, I used to gauge how good they were by the swimming. Were there fish? Any rocks about for swimming around and feeding fish? There was a very busy wee road in Dea (?), but we cut down from there by some terraced fields and big sunflowers till we came to this most wonderful wee cove. The water was sparkling clear and it was a very beautiful locale. Only about four other people there. The woman who translated the book must have swam there as well.

I've had one night on the beer since a week passed on Sunday. My meditations before I came in here were a wee bit different again. I don't have anything I have to do, apart from going to see the auld maw, till I go back to the jobbie on Monday.

This is the life, Jack! Freedom! Freedom!

No comments: