Sunday 20 January 2008

Ra Extreme Pilgrim!

Sunday 3:30 p.m.
Anybody else been watching the Extreme Pilgrim teevee show which just finished with the third programme on Friday? Right up my street!

The vicar goes to seek spiritual whatever first of all with these Shaolin monks who lived in a hermitage away from the main centre. So they do a lot of kung fu and they seemed to be practising zen. I couldn't understand why they weren't meditating for at least six hours a day, but the vicar seemed to get an insight at one stage.

I do Tai Chi sets every day. There's been a colossal difference in my tai chi sets over the years and I don't know why. I've to go for a walk now. I don't know why that is either. Might be my tao, eh? Back later!

5:51 p.m.
Then the vicar went to learn how to be a sadhu in India. They sat around all day, smoking dope, standing on their heads, and doing ra bliss as far as I could see, and I fancied a go at that sometime. The vicar got a village to be a sadhu in though he might not have had much of a meditation background. But the village wanted him there and fed him. I assume they'd also give him dope to smoke. The only problem was the vicar got amoebic dysentery as you might well do in India. Shame about that.

Anyway, I'm one of them.

Then the vicar got back to Jesus and went to sit in a cave near the monastery of St Antony in Egypt. He had three weeks in a cave on his own. This was a very hard thing to do, especially for a flatheid. It was pretty horrible for the joe at first, but after three weeks he loved it.

The coptic monks at St Anytony's monastery chanted Kyrie Eleison, Christe Eleison. I wasn't expecting that. I use that as a mantra when I'm doing juju with the face on the Turin Shroud. There were pictures in the cave looking very like this. Hmmm? Nice correlation.

The boy was doing a lot of praying in this cave, a lot of Kyrie Eleisons. But he never once mentioned ra bliss.

I really am a fortunate creature, Jack! So I am. I think I'll go back into the lobby and continue with my investigations into ra bliss. Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

4 comments:

ion said...

Jinx, HB! It seems my new year resolution is to take a t'ai chi class, but that was before your post. I'm a pure natural at breathing so it can only help.

Watched the first 'Pilgrim' episode with the Buddhists, and he seemed frustrated by the different disciplines until he had an epiphany that it was all in the breathing.

Hotboy said...

Ion: I'd forgotten about that breathing bit! There was a boy on MInd, Body and Kick Ass Moves who could hurt people by shouting. That's just breathing, isn't it? Sort of. Not really. Oh, well. Hotboy

rob said...

G'day hotters, I've been absent due to the weather. If you lived here you'd have no trouble raising heat right now. Or humidity.

"a boy who could hurt people by shouting" - that's nothing, I know people who can hurt people just by talking.

Thanks for reminding me of my NY resolution to get back into Tai Chi. Must follow through on that some time before December.

"I'm one of them" - an amoeba? Reincarnation already.

On a technical note, I understand they call the third programme Radio 3 now, and the home service is Radio 4.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Have you got a radio then? How are you ever going to be a jedi warrior if you don't do tai chi? Hotboy