Wednesday 2 January 2008

Ra Allotment!

2nd January, 2008: 6:40 p.m.
I was looking at a candle in the hut this evening till nearly half five, so it had been dark for about an hour and a half. Cold, but not too cold. As it was getting dark earlier, I thought I sensed a wee bird flitting in through the chicken wire windows, so when I was about to leave, I lifted the candle a wee bit and the wee bird fled. Didn't get much of a look.

I assume it was a wren. I didn't realise birds sat in nests over the winter. (There is a wren's nest over the door lintel inside the hut for those of you who are new to this bloggie.)

Anyway, the allotment has been transformed by four big diggings over these holidays, so they haven't been a complete waste of time.

Tomorrow I'll start work again on the Real McCoy, which I left off to do some re-writing of the kidsbook. And I'm looking forward to everything just now. The flatheids have pretty much worn themselves out and I will be able to continue with my wonderful life and my fabulous meditations without such overwhelming intrusions from the too dumb to meditate. Once I get through these holidays I tend to feel as if I've just survived a car wreck. Allah Akbar!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Have you considered cultivating some Duboisia hopwoodii or even Galbulimima belgraveana in your allotment? I would think that Rob, from his vantage point in Île Plate: New Caledonia, might be able to throw some light on the best growing techniques.

Alternately, you could try lacing some reindeer urine with Amanita muscaria. There's a bit of a recipe at http://www.iamshaman.com/amanita/jesus.htm

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say Hotboy!

What's your take on bicamerality?

MM III

Anonymous said...

these are very interesting questions.
michelle
loveandpeacexx

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I was thinking about how to grow mushrooms. I don't know what those other things are. I've given up smoking anyway. I've tried smoking my way down the allotment. It's not good for you. Hotboy!
Happy New Year, Michelle!

rob said...

I say! I do hope the bird doesn't desert the nest in fright.

Maybe it was checking out the nest for egg time in the spring? Is there an ornithologist who can tell us where they sleep in winter?

MM - excellent link, where I discovered that Messiah or 'Anointed One' means literally, 'one smeared with semen' Does the ABCBBB have one?

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Re: bicamerality. You need checks and balances to keep on the middle way. After watching the machete hacky hacky in Kenya, I'm definitely a bit of a feartie gradualist.
Albert? The ABCBBB does have some semen, but not as much as it used to have. If you think I'm anointing you with any of it, you've got another think coming! Hotboy p.s. checked the bird's nest today and it's been done up!