Monday 30 June 2008

Ris Growing Season!

Monday 11:05 p.m.
A couple of months ago there was just the dug over dirt up at the old allotment and now it is hooching with life. There's a lot of strawberries lying there. I got bitten by something and my nose swelled up. Then it deflated. Last week I got attacked by two wasps after I disturbed their nest by the weeding of the onions. No, I got stung by two wasps. The wasps were trying to attract my attention. Stinging a person is brilliant way to do that. It's waspese for fung off!

And what are you going to do for your summer holidays, Hotboy? Well, Jack, I was thinking of going down to the Samye Ling with the tent and doing a bit of the old sitting quietly doing nothing juju. But I'm starting to think that it's mad, Jack. Completely, off it's head mad, Jack!

There are thoughts flying and pinging and bending about in what would be otherwise perfect thoughtlessness, the place where the lies stopped.

Anyway, it's just the hassle. In my kind of utopia, it would be door to door, and I'd get ferried out of here and the tent would be waiting as well at the end. You have to put up your own tent. Practically slavery, so it is. And it'll rain and rain.

Us loonies need a quiet environment. Such will be the firecracker starbursts going off in one's mind, not to mention attempting to emanate as a deity and all, and the tsunamis of ra bliss ... and a few tears as one stumblebums around trying to adjust to the no beers or drugs or even imaginary compensations ... I could stay at home. What's the matter with a couple of beers, except that I've got no money. Hmmmm?

After several weeks of disability, (starting 5th June, Newton Mearns) today at last I was able to don the full Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle and hephalump around the kitchen doing my six threes... what a pathetic sight! I'll need to make some money so I get that liposuction thing, and the bum shrinker procedure. But then I got to lie exhausted in the bath. Oh, the bathtime bliss! The arising of the altered state as you lie exuding exhaustion and relaxation in the bath is one of the wonderful spin-offs from engaging with ra bliss.

But now, hark, it is the witching hour and I must go and lie down into the yoga nidra best you could hope for on a Monday kind of ra bliss.

10 comments:

ion said...

I've a 9-man 'Southfork'-type tent, only mildly seriously funged by the Irish winds off Kintyre. H.etc. keeps nagging me to sell it on eBay as 'sold as seen', thus potentially trashing my ratings. Yours for only a grand! It would fit right in at Samye Ling! Would this help?

We need photies of the allotment, by the way.

Hotboy said...

Ion: Last night I thought I should have a camera. Getting a camera would be okay, but then you'd need a cord to attach it to the computery thing. Then I could take a photie of our tent, which is superb since there is plenty of room and you can sit up in it for the midnight meditations. I'd rather book a room, to tell you the truth! Hotboy

rob said...

Book a room using all the beer moneyyou saved when you stopped. When was that again?

Hotboy said...

Albert? What a waste of beer money! Anyway, I've been looking at the bloggy and I stopped this time last summer for weeks! So there! Hotboy

rob said...

Getting stung was an opportunity to get in tune with the cosmos. Everything in the universe is either swelling up or deflating.

Anonymous said...

My strawberries are hanging on for dear life in the wind. I doubt I'll get blooms, let alone fruits.

I'd like to spend some time at Samye Ling, but with my food issues it is pretty impossible. Besides I never camp. I lothe camping. I want decent plumbing, hot showers and a comfy bed. I'm a wuss.

It is an amazing and peaceful place. But not a good place for someone who can't eat vegs. No matter how enlighted I might get I will always be a base meat eater.

Anonymous said...

I say!

I know someone who goes into the wilds with only a poly bag. His name is the T.A.K.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Marie Rex: The strawberries this year did really really well. I'll have to spend one evening eating strawberries. Also, if you want to eat meat down at the Samye Ling, I'm sure you could take your own. Hustle for a special rate; room but no food. They'd definitely agree. Also, I love meat. Every time I get hungry I think of meat. Yum, yum. Meat is the obvious thing to eat. It's got all of you. Got to be complete somehow, another mammal and all. I only stopped eating it at first because I couldn't afford it. Hotboy

Hotboy said...

All: I have to add that anytime I muse about being unable to afford such things as meat, I have always been able to get out of my face somehow. So let's not play the poor mouth here. Hotboy

rob said...

Laudable self-reflection, hotters. It's never too late to start grope therapy.

On a technical note - surely those defenceless strawberries you eat will get you back when you die, possibly by using you as manure. I know I would.