Saturday 7 June 2008

Ra Party Joe!

Saturday 4:08 p.m.
"I was still always falling down during this time, and I would always say, before falling, 'I'm about to fall down', and nobody, almost nobody, ever caught me." Tennessee Williams. The Wall.

This is what happens when a normally shy and reticent fellow like myself is forced to go out and emanate as a writer. I bloody hate that! I hate talking about writing, about becoming a writer, about being a writer, about writings done in the past, or writings half done just now. And all that in the company of a lot of people you don't know and who, quite rightly, should know better than to give a damn. If there's any more book launches for writers connected with the secret agent in Edinburgh or Glasgow, I'll go if I'm asked (hopefully, they'll know better now!), but that's it.

Unless, of course, there is free beer!

The wish that it be made known that 'I was the author' is the thought of a man not yet adult. The Dhammapada. The Wall.

This evening, on the other hand, I'll be going to a soiree where almost everyone there will have been known to me for well over thirty years, well before I even started trying to write. I've known these people for so long I don't even have to talk to them. The only young people there will be progeny, and they might even offer me a sample of some decent drugs. Really looking forward to that!

Spent the afternoon mainly meditating up the allotment. We have a big bush of red lupins and one of blue. There will be millions of strawberries and gooseberries this year. The whole allotment is completely green, mostly from weeds. My money is on the weeds!

9 comments:

rob said...

I hope none of the young people will be falling out of their clothes like the last time.

Anonymous said...

I'm available to help harvest and consume the strawberries, if they're ready by end July.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is that you? Unfortunately, there were no wenches tootering about in stilleto heels half falling out of their dresses this time. Interested that it made an impression on you. I'd forgotten all about that. Maybe you just need a bit of grope therapy to get you out of this foot thing. Hotboy

rob said...

Don't we all?

rob said...

PS Interesting that the foot fetish made an impression on you. I'd forgotten all about it.

rob said...

PPS - have you been watching Wild China? If it's not been broadcast at your end yet, it's proof of life after David Attaboy.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I wanted to watch Wild China, but I meditate at that time on a Sunday if I can. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry if I missed a HotBoy performance, but maybe it was just as well. I can't imagine you coping well with 'reader's questions', but the apoplexy might've been amusing!

Hotboy said...

IOn: The one person at the party on Saturday I didn't know, wanted to talk to me about writing!! I couldn't believe it. Take up yon writing lark and you'll never have a pot to piss in! What else can you say if you're me? Hotboy