Saturday 21 June 2008

Ra Tide is Turning!

Saturday 10:22 p.m.
Started meditating about twelve hours ago and stuck with it, with wee breaks to read the paper, walk up the allotment, etc, until I went to the offy about a half hour ago. The Domestic Bliss was only here for one night and is partying elsewhere till tomorrow.

Let us not be downhearted, Jack. It has been a crap couple of weeks, but the tide is turning!! Every time I get a day like today with no flatheids about and no jobbie to go to, well .... I'm going get all that stuff I thought was beyond moi! I'm going to get the explosions of ra bliss, the non-duality, the whole enchilada! Today it just jumped forward again. Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

This is despite the fact that my discipline is lousy and I am a total disgrace, a blight on the juju, and the last joe anyone would expect to have something like this happen to him.

So why is this happening, Hotboy? Well, Jack, I can only assume I have had the crap blessed out of moi in some way I cannot explain. Of course, if I had better discipline, etc., it would surely have progressed much faster. But then I would not have been able to say to all the other reprobates, if I can do it, anybody can do it!

I got out of bed this morning and walked to the lavvy without feeling any pain in my leg. Every day it gets a wee bit better. Hurrah!

Today, I managed to stand on my head for the first time since before Christmas. This is the longest time I haven't stood on my head for twenty years. Hurrah! It might be a while before I get full articulation in my shoulder joint, but I thought this capsulitis crap might take two years to clear. I can only assume the Tai Chi has been a big help.

What a great, great day! Good health is a great blessing in itself. I'll appreciate running and shadow boxing whenever I can get back into it. Apart from the Tai Chi, I haven't been training for a couple of weeks now. But what a fortunate, fortunate creature I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are improving for you.

I've been down with a cold all week, watching it rain.

I've taken Tai Chi a couple of times and find it to be wonderful. Though up here there isn't much available.

Hotboy said...

Marie: There weather down here hasn't been great either. Rained most of last night. Hope your cold clears soon. Hotboy