Friday 13 June 2008

Ra Sore Leg!

Friday 10:06 p.m.
Got a comment asking about my sore leg from Ion. How nice is that?

I've just been out to spend the last of my money on four bottles of Paulaner, Hefe-Weissbier, Naturtrub. Hmm? So I've only now got food money and bus fares till I get to next payday. Thank God for that! Everything has been crap since I got paid. I'd do much better if someone would just tie me up and throw me in a dungeon

The problem is mental calming. You need the mental calming as basis. This means you can sit and sit. Trying to sit and sit in the days after you've been partying with the deep dear friends, and other flatheids, is very difficult.

Nobody cares, Jack! The flatheids don't even know they're flatheids, so why should they care about moi's engagement with ra bliss? They suck the goodness out of you, so they do. If I had a gun, I'd just shoot the lot of them. Basturns!

Just say no, Hotboy. I said no to the drugs, but the drugs didn't listen, Jack.

When I keep away from flatheids and the prospect of personal indulgence, I tend to only see family members and folk who are completely funged. So you don't want to go on about your wee sore leg, especially since you should have been dead five years ago, and even with a sore leg moi is still well ahead of the game obviously.

So this is about neurosis and self clinging.

When you go to see the doctor and you can tell just by looking at him that he hasn't got long to go, well, maybe you'd be better off seeing someone healthy. I'd only seen two guys with worse lungs than this doctor's. No, my old man's lungs were in better shape when they killed him, but he didn't have access to the life saving drugs that this doctor was obviously whacking into himself. Sick doctors are like baldy barbers. It hard to take them seriously. He couldn't breathe. His lips were a wee bit blue.

I had the tiniest thing to inquire about. Being a man and, therefore, a hypochrondriac this tiny thing had assumed massive proportions. I wanted some advice. I had a wee wrinkle developing in a vein on my leg. The dying doctor just makes your heart sink. He says he's had two veins done. He'd forgotten all about them. Just get it done, he said.

So a few months later I'm lying on this operating table and the teenager who is about to operate on me asks why I'm getting this vein out. What? Is that what I'm here for? Dearie me! But I think of the junkies who told me about veins going flat and coming up, and whatnot. It's only a vein. Anyway, the joe can't sew and completely fungs up the stitching, but being a boy he probably had never used a needle till he was sewing up peoples' legs.

Anyway, that was when I was thirty, twenty seven years ago. At the weekend, I assume some other vein went ape in my leg and there were three bumps up and down it. I gave up looking at that leg when I turned forty so who knows? It's quietening down now though. I did my first tai chi set since Saturday tonight. How wonderful to be able to do something!

Ion was maybe wondering if my diseased leg had anything to do with partying at the weekend. Only if totally empathising with flatheids caused me to remain in an unnatural position, painless, for longer than was good for me. This might have happened, but it was probably just one of those things. I always favour that leg. I may have got it diseased by sitting in a lotus for too long, or upsetting it with something like that. However, I have to admit that in a lifetime of bad behaviour I have had only one fit due to being a bad boy. Also,one passing out, fainting, after a very busy four days of little sleep and much employment of Dexy and the Midnight Runners. Of course, with a legal drug like alcohol,well, you don't really want to know what awfulness one can get into with a really stupid drug like alcohol.

Samsara. Ris life!

Well done for the Irish in voting against the Lisbon Treaty. The European Union is great if you can work anywhere in Europe, and get the dole anywhere, and have some kind of bill of rights. The only folk who seem to want the superstate are politicians. Politicians hate democrasy. It occurred to me today. I knew before that capitalists hate competition, but politicians would rather be autocrats than democrats. Big states suck!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your leg is bothering you.

Having lived in a big superstate I was delighted to hear Ireland told them to stuff it up their....nose.

It is interesting to me that it is still continuing on.

I think if the British folks aren't allowed to vote on it that the government could find themselves out on a rail.

rob said...

I fear the leg vein explosion is an occupational hazard for a blissheids. One reason why Tai Chi is my (moving) meditation of choice, even if it doesn't involve great globules of bliss.

But if that was the worst affliction you ever had, you'd still be ahead of the game.

Hotboy said...

Marie: What would anyone want a European superstate for? Probably to fight the Chinese someday. And why don't we ever hear about enticing the Russians into the EU? They're more "European" than the Turks.
Albert? Is that you? The exploding leg could be a blessing in disguise since it's stopping me charging my fat unhealthy body up hills to encourage the onset of the massive coronary. Hotboy

rob said...

I believe it takes a stress filled life to cause a coronary, so you should be safe.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm stressed out about .... well, some things. Hotboy

ion said...

It seems your leg problem is a passing phase, and not in the least related to poor habits. That makes it admirable and not deserved. Result!

Hotboy said...

Ion: Thank you for such a vote of confidence! Hotboy