Sunday 29 June 2008

Ra Intimations of Wonderful Times!

Sunday 2:05 p.m.
Asked the Medicine Buddha (who is moi!) to cure me of my addictions and the blogging went ... just like that. After a couple of days off though, I still fancied a beer, and what with getting paid this week and all ....

So I sat down in the Miss Haversham garden out the back where Poisonous stays, a garden which rarely gets the sun. Dank. I had to sit down on the mouldy green flagstones because the garden bench I'd tried to sit on collapsed a bit when I gave it a go. You worry a wee bit that the flagstones might be too cold ...

I'd had four pints of Highlander in the Cafe Royal and several joints by this point. Bad Boy!

Then the cold legs declined in mind and it was as if you were one of the wee fat baldie guys sitting with big smile on the ledge in the Himalayas during the forty belows. I was amazed that it came on like that. Soaring away in the white light and ra bliss! Hurrah!

On Friday evening, I was wondering if it was time trash the good resolutions and go to the offy when I started in on the vase breathing. I knew then, Jack, that events had taken a major step forward. If there's something about stuff having to enter a central channel ... anyway, I decided that there was no point in posting about it because I can't begin to describe this stuff.

Then there was ra bliss this morning. I'll be going to the Samye Ling next Thursday, I hope, and it strikes me that this development occuring as it does now is most auspicious.

Throughout these wonderments, I've been knee deep in flatheids, the too dumb to meditate and other completely pointless (apart from doing all the work) people. I've not had one full day of meditations since I stopped working on Wednesday. Anyway, I'm off to cycle up the Kirk Brae en route for Liberton Hospital just now. And I'm most pleased to be able to do it!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is blogging an addiction as well?

I never worry so much about places I sit. I wash up fairly well.

If you can get settled in the bliss enough to not be bothered by the cold, then you are doing well.

Need to work on that for the open water.

You must be tall to be only knee deep in flatheids. *grin*

Hotboy said...

Marie Rex: I think for the open water you might want to work for the siddhi that lets you walk under the water. Or over the water. But not splashing around in the water. Hotboy

rob said...

I feel for you. I'm so fortunate to have no addictions apart from the obvious one.

rob said...

I feel for you. I'm so fortunate to have no addictions apart from the obvious one.

Hotboy said...

Albert? That would be a repetitive strain injury. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I work very hard to keep my boat on top of the water. It is too cold to be in the water.

ion said...

What a fortunate creature you are to be going to Samye Ling! Hope the weather gods are kind, esp. if you are camping. Please let us know if the damselflies are yet out on the pond.

Hotboy said...

Ion: It's so long since I've been there! I'm starting to chicken out, but I know if I get there ... well, I just get there. The weather is going to be bogging! Hotboy

ion said...

The BBC thinks rain will sheeting on Thurs, but maybe there'll be a 100 yd radius of sunshine at yon place.

You'll have heard the one about the priest, the vicar and the rabbi, discussing the existence of miracles.

The priest was overtaken by a tsunami, and his Hail Marys made the waves reel back 100 yds to save himself and all his congregation. The vicar was on an airplane in turbulence so great as to threaten a crash, but his prayer brought calm skies for 100 yds around, and a safe landing for him and his fellow passengers.

The rabbi's walking to schul on Shabbat when he finds a sheaf of £50 notes on the pavement. Forbidden from touching money that day, he prays to g-d and lo!; for 100 yds around it is Wednesday.

It's an oldie but a goodie. Hope this helps.

Hotboy said...

Ion: This has made me chicken out even more though it was a good joke. I'll stall it till Monday maybe! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Did chatting to Poisonous cheer you up?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin;! Being able to chat to Poisonous is a privelige, or a privalidge ... one of them things. Privilege, so it is. Bother. Anyway, he didn't always look like a little Mussolini. Hotboy