Wednesday 2 April 2008

Ra Beautiful, wonderful day!

Wednesday 4:19 p.m.
When you have to put up with our winters, you can really appreciate a day like today. Blue skies, daffodils everywhere, and the birds hopping about, tweeting their heads off. I was actually enjoying the digging.

Now there are eleven long, thin, undulating shallow graves down one side of the allotment, and four down the other side.

Sometimes one pauses, and looks up. As you stand straight, there is a hint of this breath sheath thing emerging, and the lovely colours kind of pulsate and shimmer a wee bit. The world was just a gorgeous place this afternoon.

23:54 p.m.
I moved from the lobby to the living room when the Domestic Bliss came in, so I could keep her company during Desperate Housewives. Says I: this might be the best hour of my life. Of course, I'd have my eyes closed and the noise blockers on; plus the blasts of noisy vase breathing interupting everything.

'A dead rat! Ah, what company that would be!' The Great Samuel.

The aftereffects of the vase breathing were just so fantastic in the lobby. Then another brilliant, brilliant hour. Just amazingly beaming with ra bliss. Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

And tomorrow is all mine! Mine! Mine, I tell you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

"Sometimes one pauses, and looks up." - Have you gone regal on us? One would like to know.

MM III

Hotboy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hotboy said...

Mingin'! See what the one and one mean. One pauses ... hotboy

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about totally enjoying a good day. Winter can be so long and so dark up here.

I got more kayak time yesterday. I'm waiting for the new lambs to start showing up. That is my true sign of spring.

Hotboy said...

Marie Rex: The daffodils will have to do us city dwellers! No sheep! Hotboy

rob said...

Surely flatheids are all sheep?