Wednesday 16 April 2008

Ris Wonderful Life!

Thursday 9:33 a.m.
Just deleted a post from apres the footie last night.

All the way there I wasn't going to buy a carry-out, but succumbed at the last off-license. Though the forces of darkness seem once more in the ascendant, the huns got put to the sword with practically the last kick of the game. What joy!

I've dug and planted about two thirds of my allotment now. Yesterday I bought 700 or so onions from the Botanic Gardens shop and much enjoyed the stroll through the gardens.

I've been keeping a diary/journal since I was seventeen, but the last book of about 200 pages lasted three years, which shows how little I've been writing in it since I took up blogging. Hmmm? Blogging is more fun, but it's not the same.

I wonder where this blog is. Where is it kept? Does it have any actuality at all? Someday I'll switch on this computery thing and it won't be there anymore. The journals are kept in an old battered cardboard suitcase my Uncle Dan took to Australia in the 1950s. They're under my bed.

I'm going into the lobby now to meditate till lunchtime. After that, I'll cycle to the respite hospital in Liberton. Despite the beer, I feel good today and here comes ra bliss!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hotboy
is itn ota bit freaky howt he oldf irmgames gett o youd espitet he bliss..camei nf rom worka nd couldn´tb elievet he second half was on spanish telly live...fantastics tuffi couldn´tb eli
evet hatt hes panish commentator consistently referred to celtica s "los catalicos!
i too have a box of journals under ma bed,a ll thosew ords!loveandpeacexxx

Anonymous said...

why does itd o that taket he last letter and make it the first if i go faster than snail´sp ace, xxx

Hotboy said...

Michelle? I thought it was in Polish on first glance! I try to support the huns when they play in Europe. I really do! Bugger the league and roll on the next Old Firm game. It's in the blood along with the beer!They're goiny get gubbed! They're goiny gubbed! Hotboy p.s. I told myself I was just keeping this joe company!

rob said...

As an expert on flatheids, can you explain what are sparryheids? It would help. They're in Irvine Welsh. Obviously sparrow heads, but why?

My journal writing, about 25 books in the first half of the 90s, dropped off when I shacked up with the bliss partner, then stopped altogether when someone I know made me take up blogging. Dearie me!

If I see you at the conference, I could show you how to save a copy of your whole blog.

PS how could you tell it was Michelle? I assumed it was a Polish kid.

Anonymous said...

I say!

I hear that petrol (gasoline) is now US 9 dollars and 25 cents per gallon (taking account of the difference between UK and US gallons). I had not realised that inflation in dear old Blighty had reached Zimbabwean proportions.

Will the forthcoming local election results in the UK be withheld as well?

Shall I get Kha'bahje to put some carrots in the post to you? We have plenty, plus some nice ripe pawpaws.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is that you? Sparryheids? Nae idea. You should look up the Irvine Welsh Lexicon.
Mingin'! I suspect its the war. The number of motors in Iraq has tripled since the fall of Saddam, but they can't get the oil out of the ground anymore, so they're stealing ours. I suggest cycling. Funnily enough, carrots are difficult to grow in our allotment and you need them for the soup. Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? Why does it do that thing that Michelle is talking about? What kind of computery expert are you anyway. Hotboy