Saturday 12 April 2008

Ra Sorry Heid!

Saturday 1:40 p.m.
Most thoughts aren't worth thinking, but usually it doesn't matter these days what your thoughts are like before you sit down to meditate. Today I was a bit slow off the mark, and feeling a bit fashed and bashed after Brian Wilson visited me last night.

Gin? Why did he buy gin? I wish all my chummies took illegal drugs!

But as soon as I sat down, I soared away in ra bliss. Flatheids only get flatheidedness, sleep and dreaming. It was wonderful to be able to move away from the mild hangover thoughts and go into ra bliss. The too dumb to meditate can't do that, no matter how gifted they may be. It's a shame really about flatheids, so it is.

The amazing bliss and warmth have moved on and turned my day around. I'm off to the diggings now.

8:50 p.m.
Sometimes it's alm0st worth staying British for the BBC. Well done to Dan Cruickshank and BBC2 for putting on the Lost World Of Tibet tonight. What a treat! It was really a show about the Dalai Lama in some ways, with lots of old colour film of Tibet, the Dalai Lama doing his final exams, etc.

I owe an awful lot to the Tibetans down at the Samye Ling. A literary agent will be trying to hustle two books of mine (I hope) at next week's London Book Fair, and both of them are products of my contact with Tibetans. That's the least that I owe.

I think my root guru was in a party of over three hundred trying to escape Tibet when the shit hit the fan, and only about thirteen of them survived the journey. If I can get some money from writing the two books, I will put my head in his hands. Allah Akbar.

I was planting shallots today. To plant anything other than tatties, I dig enough to straddle. So I'm straddling the earth today and planting the shallots, trying to do as much juju throughout as I can. Then I straighten up, as you do, and bending from the waist does something, and the colours start to be shimmering and the world looks more luminescent and less concrete. Perhaps when things work through, I will have this view. I don't know if I could live with the view I had on my ten seconds of non-self and emptiness, but that one I could live with.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

That was probably the gin I left Mr Wilson, when he was so kind as to put Mrs M and myself up, recently.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I think I've drank gin about three times. Didn't folk used to make it in the bath. Hagarth, Gin Lane, etc. Probably an immature spirit, but I must say I did enjoy it. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Re ra heid - As Vinnie used to say - why do they do it to themselves?

Re ra BBC - forget programs about the pathetic humans, watch Life In Cold Blood, about to screen here so surely you've had it already.

Re ra gin - I think pregnant folk used to drink it in the bath. Does that help?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is that you? Watched an episode of Life in Cold Blood last week. Brilliant as usual! You'll enjoy that. Hotboy