Wednesday 9 April 2008

Ra normal joe!

Wednesday 23:50 p.m.
I was watching this programme about gifted children. Let's hear it for the common man! I am dead ordinary. I always told myself I was completely normal. In fact, the norm. You don't want to be gifted as much as supported. Hut management is everything.

I kept digging. It's another addiction. The personage to the south is really taking something out on the ground. There are now about 220 little holes with half tatties in each hole. Plus a mound of couch grass and sods, and bits of half burnt paper, and old, discarded tatties. My money is on the detritus. You just get in the way of stuff wanting to grow.

It's four years since I walked off the jobbie and sat in the hut, and the breath became somehow connected with ra bliss, at least, sometimes. Due to the abysmal efforts at self control, the progress since then has been .... no, it hasn't. I'd be much happier if I didn't do bad things because the thoughts are badly framed, but the other thing is the other thing, and it just seems to be rolling a long. I do meditate a lot, but I am a total disgrace. Bad boy!

6 comments:

rob said...

Even compared to me, I've never met anybody who would call you normal.

"rolling a long" - I assume that's code for rolling a joint. As easy as rolling off as log?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is that you? Among the disturbed, funged up and bizarre, not to mention neurotic, who could ever have been more normal than moi? It's all you basturns who aren't normal! Hope this helps. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

"I always told myself I was completely normal."

May I humbly suggest that the autosuggestion may not have been 100% successful?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Albert and Mingin'! Who could be more normal than moi? And may I suggest that mayhap there be even less normal people than moi gadding about the blogosphere! From the one hundred percent normal joe. Hotboy

ion said...

My wee wan is in the 'gifted and talented' stream at school. Should I be worried that she may not be normal?

Hotboy said...

Ion: You have to be talented and gifted these days to be able to spell because nobody's going to teach you that. Or what a verb is. Or your times tables. At our schools they might learn how to milk the applause. The polish kids can all spell and write and punctuate. Our universities will be crammed with Poles in five or six years. School teachers in this country should all be taken out and shot! You're lucky your kid is smart. Normal is a learning difficulty these days! Hotboy