Monday 14 July 2008

Ra Samye Again!

Monday 5:10 p.m.
My bags are packed and I was thinking of going to the Samye Ling this morning, but I'm glad I didn't. My tooth fell out. I had an amazing meditation before I cycled off to get it glued back in this afternoon. The effects of the vase breathing have just done another somersault into the great oceans of ra bliss! Then I'm in the dentist chair and trying to relax, as you do, when this wonderful warm feeling filled the whole top half of my body.

Had a touch of the dark night last week. Woe is me! What kind of a nutter have I turned into that I have to go and sleep in a tent for a week when I should be looking forward to a fat pension and spending all my Christmases in Majorca, where you can get fish and chips? Hmmm? Switherings and doubts. Not nice. What you really need is the door to door utopian arrival model. And there in the emails an offer of a lift from Ion. What larks!

I'm going for at least a week. I'll take the rest of my cash, about forty quid. If I can stay off the computers and don't drink coffee, that forty quid could last a couple of years down at the Samye. So I'm trying not to blog, but I probably will.

I was up the allotment this morning doing emergency going away weeding. Another wasp stung me. I was in a different part of the plot, so it probably remembered me from the last time. But I was much less impressed, I must say. I'm not the anaphylastic ... anaphylactic ... the kind of joe who falls down dead from a wasp's sting. Thank God for that!

4 comments:

ion said...

Wee wan lost her tooth too this morning, but hers was deciduous so not so serious. Let's hope Samye Ling has some sun to tempt out the damselflies tomorrow.

Hotboy said...

Ion: Fortunately mine was plastic so that wasn't too serious either. It could be sunny. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

If there is going to be sunshine, go for it. Been raining buckets up here.

I am one of them folks that falls over dead from stings. I tend to give them critters a LOT of space.

Hotboy said...

Marie Rex: We had summer weather yesterday for Ion's trip, so that was great, but in my experience unusual lately for down here. Let it rain! Hotboy