Monday 7 July 2008

Ra Black Dog!

Monday 5:09 p.m.
I've had some interesting encounters waiting for the bus to take me away from the Samye Ling. Today two women were standing there, but due to the midges I was pacing about a bit.

As I was looking in that direction waiting for a bus, a black dog came crested the hill and started down towards where I was standing. This is in the middle of the countryside. It was a sturdy looking black labrador. How odd to see a dog behaving like that! It stopped when it reached me and sat down. I patted it and said hello doggy, then it investigated the two women, then went into the centre.

One woman said to the other woman that the dog lived up the road a bit and often went out for a walk on its own and visited the centre. That dog's a lot smarter than most people I know!

The black dog is, of course, a symbol for depression.

I'm just back. Don't quite know what to do with myself. I'm a wee bit tired so I think I'll just have a wee lie down!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I hope the dog had had its rabies jag. Did it have a green tab on its collar? That's the way to tell, so this must help.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Un snaring beastie it wasn't! A swelty doggy if ever there was one. Fabulous strut if a bit heavy. Wonderful coat of glistening black hair; the Elvis Presley of black labradors. Loved me instantly of course, but was like that with everyone. Just another bit of the magical realism you get with ra bliss really. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

My neighbors have a black lab and she loves everyone. In my experience they are people lovers.

Perhaps it is a sign that you can take the ra bliss with you leave the depression there and it will be well cared for.

Hotboy said...

Marie: I'm afraid I should have followed the dog! Hotboy