Thursday 7 February 2008

Ra Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Thursday 11:02 p.m.
I've taken the piss out of TM before and I might as well do so now that the Maharishi died this week. Fair play to the boy though. Last night there was a photie of him on the news with the subtitle Blissed Out. A couple of week's ago a disciple, David Lynch I think it was, was going on about ra bliss on the radio. First of all, I'd like to take my hat off to the Maharishi for promoting ra bliss. His business took a week's wages off quite a few flatheids I know and gave them a secret magic word, and without this stimulus I might never have taught myself to meditate.

I asked some holders of these secret magic words what they were once. There were about four of these flatheids with the secret magic words at a dinner I was at one night about twenty five years ago and, though they had all stopped meditating, they were definitely not going to tell me what their secret magic words were. Well, they had paid the equivalent of a week's wages for them!

I'm not really a very nice person and sometimes I find contempt comes easily to moi!

So I searched for a sound and came up with susquehanna (the first syllable sounds like in suspicious) which I still hear as a wonderful sound and would recommend to anyone who didn't believe in anything and wanted a mantra which had worked at least once.

I didn't use anything but that mantra for probably ten to twelve years and my ten seconds of non-self and emptiness resulted. I only moved onto the Tibetan mantras when I went on a buddhist pilgrimage with Shiva (The Buddha and The Big Bad Wolf on my webpage). These days I've fast tracked onto the great vajrayana, but my root guru did tell me once that I'd get "everything" using just the straightforward calming meditations, which is what repeating susquehanna to yourself is.

Meditation isn't hindu, catholic, moslem or the property of any religion. You don't have to be religious to meditate. You don't have to be at all religious to engage with ra bliss. If you don't meditate, you will always be a flatheid and a moron, but you will have plenty of company.

I discovered this week that my agent, Mr Adrian Weston, that man of great taste and perspicacity, has agreed to try to flog a kidsboook I would love to get this book published because there is always hope for the young and if you can get through the first chapter, you'll know what meditation is alright. A very dharma kidsbook!

The meditations last night and today were amazing. I will try to write something about this later though it is hard to express the inexpressible.

11:37 a.m.
I've just remembered it's my birthday tomorrow, so the seven weeks of dedicating merit for Ro Patton should be over now. Might not have helped her, but it did help me. So gone yirsel', hen, as they say around these parts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

"Well, they had paid the equivalent of a week's wages for them!"

I'm quite familiar with all this TM business, and my own take on the contribution which is required is that it has the effect of encouraging one to continue with the meditation process. That is one of it's purposes, I am sure.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I wish you a happy birthday.

Interesting that you were born on the same day as my namesake's death.

btw Susquehanna park is a beautiful place.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! If a week's wages would encourage one to keep meditating, how's about sending me ten percent off the top? Would fifty percent encourage one even more?
Marie Rex: Nice to hear from you! Who's your namesake? Hotboy p.s. Never been to Susquehanna park or seen the river. I believe the word derives from the name of an Indian tribe. Not the pompadoms, the susques.

Anonymous said...

Mary Queen of Scots, of course.

I've been to Susquehanna, it is nice and yes it is an Indian name.

rob said...

TM has done a lot of good work all over the world, encouraging Tantric Masturbators everywhere. My magic word is ooooooooooooh.