Thursday 29 November 2007

Ra Six Yogas Of Naropa!

Thursday 1:50 p.m.
And, yea, though I did go to the pub last night to watch Celtic put the cheating basturns from the Ukraine to the sword in the dying seconds of the game, and did get verily steamboats, the meditations this morning in the lobby were once again wonderful. The effects of the vase breathing have moved on. Apres luncho, I can't wait to get the hut, but thought I'd comment on a report in the Times yesterday about the Dalai Lama offering a vote on whether or not he should be reincarnated.

I am the expert on all non-doctrines and lack of beliefs in the Amazing Bloggy Church of the BadBoyBlissheid, being the sole member, but I make no claims to knowing much about Tibetan Buddhism. Still, march on. Eh, Jack?

"The Chinese government in August claimed exclusive rights to approve all Tibetan lamas' reincarnations ... to establish control over the region's clergy" The Chinese Foreign Ministry statement said among other things: "The Dalai Lama's statement is a blatant violation of religious practice and historical procedure."

The Chinese government can give you a good laugh, so they can!

They're all going to hell, Jack!

"The Dalai Lama said there was a historical precedent for a lama being reincarnated while still alive.."

I think the most distinctive thing about Tibetan Buddhism is the Six Yogas of Naropa and the whole vajrayana, the juju of jujus! One of the yogas is the projection of consciousness into another residence. This can be a newly dead body, or a living body. You are supposed to be able to give your body to someone else's consciousness as well. This goes back to Marpa who brought the juju from India in the first place, and you can't get more historical than that!

The Times says : "Buddhism teaches that the soul is reincarnated as another being .." No, it doesn't! There aren't any souls in buddhism. No God creator, no soul, vast emptiness. No sentient beings either. We're smeared across infinity like electrons when no one's looking!

I'm not too sure about that last bit yet, but I do hope the Chinese don't assassinate the Dalai Lama. I consider him to be one of my gurus and getting annoyed isn't good for you.

To the hut!

THIS POST WAS WRITTEN BY JOHN McKENZIE WHO HAS TEN BOOKS ON KINDLE. THE ONES CLOSELY CONNECTED WITH BUDDHISM, MEDITATION, BLISS, VASE BREATHING, TUMMO, ETC., ARE
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buddha-Big-Bad-Wolf-ebook/dp/B005AIP7QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319126284&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buddha-Big-Bad-Wolf-ebook/dp/B005AIP7QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319126284&sr=8-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Land-Demon-Masters-ebook/dp/B004XJ7OEO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1319126424&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Real-McCoy-ebook/dp/B0054H4MO4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1319126490&sr=1-1

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Isn't the scientific term for that 'cloning'?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! What assassination? Have you been at the jungle juice again, Mingin'? It's only Thursday! Dearie me! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I think the fact that the Chinese are trying to make reincarnation illegal is rather funny. In a twisted sort of way.

I admire the Dali Lama greatly. My husband got to see him once when he was down at Samya Ling.

I finished my book today 151,904.

Hotboy said...

Marie Rex: I don't know if the Chinese are banning it. They do want to say who it is though. It does make them look very silly though. Hotboy p.s. Nice day today for your visit to Edinburgh!

Anonymous said...

I say!

Cabbage is interested in joining the Amazing Bloggy Church of the BadBoyBlissheid. He wants to know if there's lots of singing, which is his forte.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! In the ABCBBB you can sing if you like! Tell Cabbage to sing away! The sufis are into singing and dancing. I'm one of them as well. Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! In the ABCBBB you can sing if you like! Tell Cabbage to sing away! The sufis are into singing and dancing. I'm one of them as well. Hotboy

rob said...

Maybe The Times was talking about Tibetan Buddhism?

The smeared electrons bit was rather good. Is it from a famous poem?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I smeared the electrons personally. Hotboy