Tuesday 13 November 2007

Ra Work!

Tuesday!
I've just had a message saying I'll be getting a package from my agent with a copy of the kidsbook with a lot of red ink all over it. The man thought the first couple of chapters were particularly awful, so I'll have to drop the re-writing of The Real McCoy and get on with that.

Some writer told a bunch of kids once that being a writer was like having to do homework for the rest of your life. It would be better than working for a living. I suppose I should be glad to contribute. I suppose I should be grateful that I only have to work for two and a half days a week. But I'd be very happy not working at all, especially since today I now feel fully recovered from the pollutions I was able to afford at the weekend due to having a half time jobbie. No beer or nicotine since Saturday. Wouldn't it be nice if I could have sat in the lobby and meditated all day today. What a time I would have had!!

5 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I sometimes feel like not working too!
Have a great week Hotboy.
~xo
Lee Ann

Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: You're bound to get fed up with it sometimes. If you could just come and go as you pleased, it might be alright. It's getting cold here as well. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

That is the thing that keeps me from getting serious about the whole book thing.

I'm phobic about red ink. *grin*

This is the first time in my life I've had the luxuary of not having to work. Most of the time it is great. But some days it is strange.

rob said...

From what the good agent said, Ra Blissheidbook is the one to pin your hopes on.

They tell me one needs the jobbie, in order to appreciate the leisure time. The old banging the head on the wall trick. Everything has to balance up.

Hotboy said...

Marie Rex: Having the choice to work or not would be great!
Albert?: With all the nazi gold stashed in Bavaria, we know you only go to work to annoy folk. Hotboy