Friday 23 November 2007

Ra Teef!

Friday 4:45 p.m.
In defence of the literal truth of the bible... The preacher says: There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth! (Matthew 24:50-51)The gumsy joe asks: What if you aint got no teef? The preacher: Teeth will be provided!

What a nice visit I had to Bellshill today! Same people and circumstances as last week, but a completely different mood. Everybody was dead cheerful and no diseases were mentioned. Also, I had two co-codomil from the auld maw's stash and ache from the tooth extraction just disappeared.

The two guys from San Fransisco invited us to Thanksgiving. We were going to leave the day before, but they really wanted us to stay for Thanksgiving. They couldn't leave because you had to pay for the campsite on the way out and they hadn't enough money. One of them was really hoping for fifty dollars to be sent from the States for his Christmas. They were a long way from home, near Tangiers in 1974.

The weekend before they'd been involved in some kind of rammy at the cinema, and got lifted by the polis along with a lot of Moroccans. They were kept in the yard at the back of the police station, but in the course of the night all the Moroccans were allowed to go home in dribs and drabs. Eventually, there were only the two of them left. They were bothered about getting beaten up by the polis, so one of them tries to make a break for it and he's half way over the wall when his pal starts shouting: He's escaping! He's escaping! because he was scared of being left to face the music on his own. Of course, both of them got beaten up.

I told the dentist not to worry if my eyes rolled up to the top of my head when he was doing the business because that happened when I started meditating. It's better to keep your eyes shut, but sometimes you don't notice if they open themselves. Once he paused and asked if I was okay when this was happening before. Who'd want to be a dentist?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I couldn't get hold of you yesterday, so I gave your friend Brian Wilson a quick bell because I saw on the Internet that the legendary guitarist Rise Kagona and founding member of The Bhundu Boys, who was born not far from Kalimbuka before he went to Zim, was playing in Edinburgh last night. Did BW manage to contact you, and did you go to the concert? If so, did you say hello to Rise from me?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Indeed I was called out suddenly to do some missionary work with Brian Wilson up at the Assembly Rooms and I did speak to Rise. It turns out that Rise was brought up the good Christian way and does not smoke or drink. I think he said this helped him be the only survivor of the Bhundu Boys, but I'm not sure since things were getting a little fuzzy even then. Also, I was a bit distracted since Brian Wilson's wife has joined the Coalition Against Surf Music and was threatening to storm off with other Christian soldiers to fight baddies in Peru. Surrounded by blinking Christians and gorgeous black women, I had to make my excuses and stumblebum home, as is my wont. Hotboy

Hotboy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rob said...

Such a comfort to know that one's teef will be reincarnabated. Several of mine are waiting in heaven already.