Thursday 22 November 2007

Ra Diet!

Thursday 2:30 p.m.
Just interrupting the start of re-writing to blog this. I'm going to use this stuff in that book and also in the re-write of The Real McCoy. It's from the notes section of Tsongkhapa's Six Yogas of Naropa, translated, etc., by Glenn H. Mullin.


“The practice of chulen, or taking the essence … making essence pills from flowers and then abstaining from any food and eating only a few of these pellets each day. While living in India I knew several yogis who thus cut off intake of ordinary food for two or three years at a time, eating only a pellet or two a day for sustenance. They lost weight for the first three or four months, but after that even became quite fat.
The three main forms of the practice are: pellets made from flower petals; pellets made from certain minerals; and “stone essence,” in which a stone is put into a glass of water several times a day, mantras recited, and the water then drunk. The First Dalai Lama’s writings mention a fourth technique: breathing in the essence of starlight at night. Starlight is considered to be the essence of energy, and thus the most quintessential form of nutrient.”

Nothing like having a perfectly balanced diet, eh?

10:35 p.m.
Had a very good day today! Probably meditated for just under six hours, including an hour in the hut. Also, I worked on completely changing the beginning of Light in the Dark and that was must enjoyable. Had a joe breathing in the essence of starlight. That's the way to do it!

I need to get rich! Rich, I tell you! So I can give up this part time jobbie. Going to work is a complete waste of my time, so it is. I've got far too much to do!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Flatheids, sweetie eaters and midgets. The loathing list is getting longer.

MM III

Lee Ann said...

Flower and stone??? I don't think I could have a diet like that.
I would end up with a headache everday.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
~XO
LEE ANN

Anonymous said...

Well I expect I could prob do better on that diet than the one my silly dietition tries to get me on.

Flowers, stones and stars a choice diet of beautiful things.

But it would be hard to give up chocolate.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I didn't say anything about midgets! Some of my best friends are midgets! Hotboy
Lee Ann: You don't even get to eat the stone! It's homeopathic stone! Always nice to hear from you, Lee Ann.
Marie Rex: I'll stick to the homemade bread and soup for the time being myself. Hotboy

onan the bavarian said...

I produce my own pellets.

Hotboy said...

Onan: I never doubted it! Hotboy