Sunday 18 November 2007

Ra Resume

Sunday 3:20 p.m.
I heard this story once about a joe walking among the Pentland Hills, eating magic mushrooms as he went along. Then there was fog, and whizbangs, and soldiers with bayonets all over the shop. Most unsettling!

Just at the sign which tells you the Pentland Hills are an army training environment, the boy's bike saddle came to bits. Hurrah! Does this mean we can go back home, says I? So I was only out and about on the nazi bike for about two and a half hours yesterday.

I meditate in the lobby mainly because the telephone is there. About half three I checked the calls, and discovered that my friend with the clinical depression wasn't up to getting visitors to watch the footie, which started at five. He's the husband of the woman with the MS I sometimes visit. You couldn't make it up.

The call-off really cheered me up. I could listen to the radio. I didn't have to go out. I'd really like to give up being concerned with the footie, but the Dom Bliss intervened and I, feeling doomed, went to see the footie elsewhere.... so I got a carry-out, smoked fags, and ended up eating a steak later on in a restaurant which probably didn't have a vegetarian option.

All that and a dose of the spongiform as well!

I've been meditating with breaks in the lobby since half eleven today. Thank God that I've run out of overdraft and won't have any money to waste till I get paid again!

4 comments:

ion said...

Sorry about the result. Both the pubs downstairs were full to bursting, and about the same amount of punters standing outside in the street with their kerry-oots, watching the game through the windows. I was going to ask the score of one of them when I noticed he was taking a pish without taking his eyes off the game.

By the way, are we to understand that you're as vegetarion as you are teetotal?

Hotboy said...

Ion: Naw, I'm vegetarian. Unfortunately, when I'm hungry, it's meat I think about still. The steak was delicious, but it must be over a decade since I had a steak. However, the alcohol is tapering off little by little. Stopping watching the footie would be a big help. Having no money is the only way to steer clear of bad things. I found a £20 note in a pair of trousers I put on today for the first time in a long time due to the horrible weather. Hmmmm? Of course, there's always the plastic! That definitely doesn't help! Hotboy

rob said...

Eating dumb creatures now - what about the karma or the lamentations or whatever you buddha boys call it?

Besides, steak's not what it used to be. Or maybe that's my teeth. All that chewing - what a waste of effort! Much more pleasurable to put it through a blender so you can suck it through a straw, a cow milkshake. My old man ended up doing that.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I've no excuse for eating yon bit of the dead animal. I was drunk at the time of course. Hotboy