Thursday 8 November 2007

Ra Highlights!

Thursday 2:42 p.m.
When I was meditating down at the Samye Ling last summer, one time I got an image of the lama in front of me, asking me if I couldn't just be happy being there. I was trying and hoping, I suppose, and it wasn't working whatever it was. I've been using this image and admonition a lot recently. I really don't need anything else to make me happy than I have just now. Contentment coming through from the meditations is very welcome, at any time.

Recent highlights: 1) After having a great visit to Bellshill on Saturday, when I got home I did fifty yogic jumpings; the two kinds of sun salutations I know. The Iyengar sun salutations are brutal. Before I started them, I ate a bit of cannybliss yogurt. I spent two hours in the bath afterwards. What a wonderful time I had in there! First you're doing ra bliss and combining it was the exhaustion. Then the cannybliss comes on. I gives you a chance to daydream. I was daydreaming about emptiness, and doing ra bliss, and drifting off into snoozes, and coming out in ra bliss!

2) I got a visit at the jobbie from the josephine I was really horrible to about eighteen months ago, but all the anger and frustration I've had with this jobbie had almost entirely dissapated. These are all ego and false sense of self generations. So I was dead calm and very nice to her. I left the jobbie yesterday feeling better than I can remember. Everything seems to have moved up and on.

3) After dozing off for an hour on the couch, I went up to meditate in the hut. It wasn't that cold. I was in the hut from half three till six. So it's dark when you get out. You can see through the trees again at the castle lit up on the skyline.

4) This morning I was sitting with our friend with the MS. She said she wanted to read the paper and I sat there meditating for close on two hours; the eyeballs sometimes rolled up, the woiks. The flatheids never see me like that. What a great time I had!


It's very hard to see how I could be having a better life right now. In fact, it's hard to see how anyone could be having a better life right now.

8 comments:

ion said...

Those are good moments. My take is that the idea is to try to concentrate the good moments and string them into as dense a linear chain as you can. Attentiveness to the moment does help, for in every moment although there might be something bad there's also some living and some learning to be done. In recent outside moments, I have been loving the bite of the wind and the colour of the autumn leaves.

Hotboy said...

Ion: Pushing the push bike home tonight around five o clock. The lights were bright and clear, the sky a very light blue. Sharp wind. Beautiful city this sometimes. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I would be grateful for a clear view. We've had a Force 9 gale blowing since yesterday.

My cats are going bonkers. They don't like the wind. Do you suppose there is a way to teach cats to meditate?

I'm glad you found a happy place and can stay there.

Well done!

Hotboy said...

Marie-Rex! The cats are smart. It sounds awful blowy. The weather down here is great, but not so exciting. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

We're excited about the news about Glasgow. Cabbage wants to enter the dead mouse eating competition, and Doviko knows someone who is good at running down mountains with a heavy log on their shoulders. Can you sort out their applications? Also, is cricket part of these games?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I'm afraid since creekit is not a sport or a game, but an excuse for the Hooray Henrys to drink too much, it will not be in the Commie Games. There will be nothing but communist games e.g. ripping off the evil bourgeois, so you'd better keep your servants away. Hotboy

rob said...

Is this suitable meditational garb?

http://hollslovesjoe8179.blogspot.com/2007/11/right-way-and-wring-way-to-wear-thong.html

Hotboy said...

Albert? This is about the perversions again, is it? Dearie me! Hotboy