Sunday 28 October 2007

Ris Saturday Night!

Saturday 11:10 p.m.
It's a year since that man of great taste and perspicacity, Adrian Weston, became my literary agent and I must say I've been entirely happy with his tireless endeavours on my behalf. Considering I haven't made him a bean yet... I would entirely recommend this joe to anyone looking for a literary agent.

On Thursday I did my six mile run. What a lovely day! How reaffirming to feel so good while doing it! On Friday I did the boxing training with five minutes skipping and the six three minute rounds of shadow boxing whilst fully clobbered up in the Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle. Today two young men took me and the nazi bike cycling up the Pentlands. What a fabulous view we had of the city from way way up there! Fife and beyond. And what a wind there was at times! I nearly got blown off the bike once or twice. Then we went beyond the view and in amongst the hills; the rutted paths, the jaggy stones. The nazi bike is a hybrid with normal tyres and no suspension or anything, but I only fell off twice.

I was three hours on the bike. Both young men are very nice young men. I like young people. I have no problems with them. I wasn't meditating when I was twenty five, so why should they? The old flatheids bug me. Fancy being in your fifties, in the fall off the perch zone, and not being able to do ra bliss? It's not as if they don't know anyone who can do ra bliss. I didn't know anyone who could do ra bliss. But they do. What a bunch of morons!

But I'm not recommending that anyone blow their brains out anymore. Not anymore. The Big Jambo should be reborn now if you believed in some of the things the Tibetans believe in. I think he shot himself about eight weeks ago. The young man I didn't know today looked a wee bit like him. So we don't want anyone else to shoot themselves. The other young man was Shiva's son. He will do some good in this life even if he ends up being one of the ones too dumb to meditate.

He and his partner made us a fantastic meal last night. If you only eat home made bread and soup, and show up starving ... well, it was a sensuous delight, so it was! I had a great time though I drank too much as usual. Since Thursday night and including what I'm going to drink tonight, I'll have done in about eighteen pints this week. (Well, in the last three days!). Fortunately, this keeps me well within the healthy limits prescribed by the government. Hazardous drinking is now a bottle and a half of wine a week. Thank God I don't drink wine!

Anyone who believes that hazardous drinking amounts to one and a half bottles of wine a week ... well, some people will believe anything!

What about ra bliss, Hotboy? Us spam robots want to know about ra bliss!

I had four bottle of Erdinger on Thursday night, but Friday was special for ra bliss from the word go. The hour before the train journey; the hour and a half on the train. Sitting with the auld man was fabuloso. I can listen to the Dammapada and leave the planet simultaneously. But the auld maw is getting something great out of listening to this stuff in the lion pose. This makes me feel happy. Even after the night out last night, ra bliss was pretty full on today when I started doing the juju at the back of eleven. It made me not want to cycle. Tonight I did three hours sitting after doing an hour in the bath. Being able to do ra bliss in the bath!! I can do ra bliss in the bath! What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind riding a bike up hill, but I don't like going down hill at all. Tend to drag my breaks and my feet. Too many crashes when I was young I expect.

If I ever actually write something worth reading, maybe I'll have you recommend me to your agent. But don't hold your breath on it. *grin*

I've been reading the Dhammapada, it is a good way to quiet the mind and rest the craziness.

One of these days I'm gonna have you teach me ra bliss.

Hotboy said...

Marie-Rex: I could not possibly teach you how to do ra bliss. Ra bliss just seems to be there. If you sit and do the mutterings to yourself long enough, ra bliss will arise. I don't know why. Since my wonderful writings have really so far been completely unsuccessful, I could not advise you on that either. I've never read the Dhammapada. The 3 CD set is, however, fabulous. Up there in the winter, maybe with no teevee, and some whisky, the dhammapada, the machette for the sheeps, what more could a body ask for? If you write something worth reading, you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din! This might not help. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

M-Rex. I hate going uphill but I like going down. We should team up some time for some perfect balance. Are you ever in the vicinity of NSC?

Hotters! Have you tried my bath relaxation manoevre? You'd find it helps.

BTW, you're fortunate not to drink wine, I have it on good authority that 1.49 bottles is okay, but 1.51 is deadly.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I didn't drink wine at all for 20 years when I had an ulcer. But I'll drink it if there's no pipe cleaning fluid left now. Hotboy

onan the bavarian said...

Where I come from, cleaning one's pipes means something different, something one can do, for example, in the bath. You say you're running out of fluid? Maybe I should be hoarding mine.

rob said...

Blissheid! Are you saying the ulcer is the only think standing between you and winohood? If you were Bavarian like the previous commenter, you could rely on willpower.