Friday 19 October 2007

Ra Tummo!

Friday 10:00 p.m.
Just in case someone ever comes here who is interested in the great vajrayana, I should say something about tummo, or raising inner heat.

After lunch today, I felt like having a wee snooze, but sat down in the lobby to meditate again. Closed my eyes. You're right into ra bliss straight away. The sheath thing seems to open, or be there. There is a bit of light and some of ra bliss. This is very nice. After a wee bit, ra heat, a kind of over-all warmth fills the sheath. This is even nicer.

This is the kind of stuff that keeps you warm in the cold. It's warmth, but not really like any warmth I've ever experienced outside meditation. If I'd sat down with my hands being cold, they wouldn't have been cold anymore. There was nothing uncomfortable about this warmth. I know you can get all kinds of heat, but there was nothing at all unpleasant about this. (I've had bits of heat just under the skin before and that feels a wee bit like sunburn.)

I've had this kind of warmth before, but not quite so much or so pleasant. I hadn't done any vase breathing.

When I had my first inner heat experience about four years ago ... just four months after I'd taken refuge ... well, I expected to be drying off wet sheets by this time, but the whole heat thing has come on very, very slowly. I think there may be two factors in this. One: my discipline is far from exemplary. Two: I haven't done enough meditations on the navel symbol. It may be that I don't do enough vase breathing. Of course, I've no one around here to talk about this stuff and I don't like to bother Lama Yeshe unless I encounter some problems. Hmmm.

I did a great shadow boxing session tonight. Still a fat basturn, but getting fitter.

There's no one in just now, so I'll go and sit in the lobby again and await developments!

11:55 p.m.
What can I say about ra bliss, Jack? Oh, so wonderful! Warmth came on like it did today, but everything was a bit more eccentuated. I've told you before about ra bliss that whooshes up your body sometimes when you lean over for a bit then straighten up. Fantabuloso! I'm a bit tired now, so my concentration isn't what it should be, but the Domestic Bliss isn't in yet, so I'll sit up a bit longer. Sober and straight on a Friday night, and off my face on air!! What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

Unfortunately, I'll have to break off from this sequence of two wonderful days of meditations to go to Bellshill tomorrow. It would be fantastic if this was the start of a long, long retreat. God preserve us from the flatheids! It's night night from RaBadBoyBlissheid!

9 comments:

Lee Ann said...

The warmth sounds wonderful.
I could have used some of that at work today, I was cold all day long. I had to keep running hot water over my hands to warm up.
Have a wonderful weekend Hotboy!!
~xo
Lee Ann

Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: I always imagined it was warm all the time in Alabama! Have a good weekend to you too! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say Hotters!

You know about footers. Am I correct in thinking that 9 men of Celtic were booked for ungentlemanly conduct in a match at the weekend? If so, is this not rather excessive?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! It's not creekit! Hotboy

rob said...

If you like I can send you some of my lederhosem navel images to help you.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm not sure if that would help or not! Hotboy

Stephanie said...

I would love to be able to experience tummo, but I am not such a sophisticated practitioner as yourself. At least I can say that being able to meditate at all is much better than being a flatheid!

rob said...

I have had an epiphany, or the blissheid equivalent. I'll post it if you don't think you'll be too envious.

Hotboy said...

Abert? Looking forward to seeing that! Hotboy