Sunday 7 October 2007

Ra Sunday night.

Sunday 10:00 p.m.
Will there ever be an end to this bliss? There's always another bit. I've not been doing much since Wednesday except investigating ra bliss, only to discover even more amazement at the multi-faceted blissiness of it all. You're not breathing all that much when you get the first giant lungful and go into the vase breathing routine. Totally off the planet and into the wabby dobbly universe of bliss waves and bright light. It's bliss chaos in the light sword sometimes, so it is.

The Domestic Bliss is out of town for the next ten days. I need to go to the hospital and get a sick note for the jobbie: This joe is so smitten by ra bliss that the only job he can do is one where he doesn't have to do anything at all. He might come back if you make him king, but otherwise he's not fit for work.

I just sit in the lobby all day, doctor, kind of staring into space. I'm obviously as mad as a hatter. I need a couple of weeks off work to investigate ra bliss, please.

These are truly the most wonderful years of my life. For several hours today I was transported by ra bliss into the realms of near ecstasy. And it does feel as if it's wholly good for you. Well, it would. It's like feeling as good as you could feel. Then the boundary moves a bit again. It's amazing that no one else I know gets this. They're all flatheids, the whole lot of them. But getting out of your face on air, eh? When the vase breathing seems to be working, it really blows your socks off. All endorphin freaks, or there's some kind of junk for everyone, as Wm Burroughs might have said. But air? I want a pat on the back for that one. Use the air to get off your face! It has a certain wonderful simplicity. The only trouble is you're usually so blissed off your face anyway that you can hardly be bothered breathing at all far less going in for all this bothersome huffing and puffing. But the huffing and puffing does work. It's the blissheid's bliss, but I don't do that much of it. I might get into it a wee bit more now that the Domestic Bliss won't be back home for ten days. I could easily be completely off my trolley by then.

10 comments:

Currently Alec McClochendichter said...

No doubt about it, blissing is very good for you, especially when compared with one's other vices and perversions, not mentioning any names.

But according to the tao, nothing is wholly good for you. So we might wish to contemplate what might be the dark side of blissing. DVT might be one.

Achan Maha Bua of Wat Pa Ban That in Udon, wrote in one of his books about the excruciating leg pain one experiences as his meditation practice advances.

Still, dying from a DVT clot while sitting in meditation would be a great way to exit this ocean of sorrow. That or leaving one's juice on the library floor.

Does this help?

Hotboy said...

WoofY? Who is it now? You're right about nothing being wholly good. And the deep vein thrombosis is an interesting one! Why don't yogis get that? Is there something we should be told? Anyway, all this meditating malarkey is bound to give you a sore bum eventually! That doesn't help! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I have to admit ignorance as to what "vase breathing" is.

Sounds to me like you are getting euphoria from hyper-ventolating.

But if it makes you feel that good, it must be nice.

Marie Rex

Hotboy said...

Marie-Rex: When you do yoga and meditate for a few years, you might get to the mad stuff. There is some occasional connection formed between breath and bliss. I have no idea how or why. Vase breathing is just a pranayama (breathing) exercise. You breath and squeeze up and down round an upward pointing red triangle. Then you let go. It's called shooting the breath, I think. If you have made the breath bliss connection somehow and go into a higher meditative state and then give it a few vase breaths ... well, it's not what you'd think it should be like. I don't think it's possible to do it justice to someone who hasn't had this experience. It is also over time a great many different experiences. This won't help you I'm afraid. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

A wise man once told me this koan.

There is a coo on yonder hill.
It's no there ra noo.
It musta shiftit!

Nononsymous.

ion said...

Congratulations on ra bliss. I had to try out a pulse monitor on Friday last (a bad day), and my resting rate was 90-100 bpm. Please could I have some of your 60 bpm bliss?

Hotboy said...

Ion: I get so much bliss these days it's embarrassing. I know nothing about heart beat rates really. Did they call an ambulance? Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

"General malaise" - usually worth a week off.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say Alex - are you by any chance related to the McClochendichters of Eldoret?

MM III

rob said...

MM - not that I know of, but it could be - tell me more.